anyone going to line up for wii or ps3

Don't expect to get a PS3 if you plan to go 4 hrs before the store opens. Heck, I would say that 10 hrs might be too late too.

Boyfriend wants to go 18 hrs in advance!! He was in line 10 hrs in advance for his preorder. I think we're going to start lining up at 4pm on Thursday

ohh and there were people in Burbank who were standing in line NINE DAYS before the PS3 release!!! Unfortunately for them, they wasted 4 days of their life because they were kicked off the property by the manager

I know I'm a little late in this thread, but where I'm from the PS3 were released on November 7, 2006.

There are already systems up on ebay. Me and my husband were watching one listing that went for over $2,600, up from the $799 price tag.

Our local EB Games store was taking preorders a few months back and my husband tried to get his name on the list....but the prelist filled up on 1/2 hour and he missed out.

We're just going to wait until after January to get one, when they'll be every where.

This thing is puzzling me, because online it says the release is Nov. 17, like everyone is talking about. But our local EB had them for sale on the Nov. 7, the actual consoles, not just pre-orders. :shrugs:

I know that they scheudled release in Japan on Nov. 14 and released every where else on Nov. 17.

This is making my head spin and hurt :wondering :weird:

I know I'm a little late in this thread, but where I'm from the PS3 were released on November 7, 2006.

There are already systems up on ebay. Me and my husband were watching one listing that went for over $2,600, up from the $799 price tag.

Our local EB Games store was taking preorders a few months back and my husband tried to get his name on the list....but the prelist filled up on 1/2 hour and he missed out.

We're just going to wait until after January to get one, when they'll be every where.

The price tag is only $599 for the 60gb.

And I'm not doubting you or anything but I'm in a lot of other forums where the ps3 is an even bigger talk than just a thread and no one has mentioned anything about the ps3 being released on Nov.7th, anywhere.

Official release date isnt until Nov.17th and stores didnt get their consoles until recently...

Oh man, I am getting the Wii! Well, not for me but for my little brother! He is a Nintendo fanatic! Anyways, I think if you didn't pre-order then you are out of luck for the Wii. The first shipment stores get are sold out already. In order for us to reserve the Wii I went to the store at 8 in the morning, and it was only 30 people could reserve it, and it was first come first serve. I was number 27! Anyways, the Wii is launched on Saturday at midnight. But I am going at the store at 8 a.m. to get it, because even though I have reserve they still don't know how many they are getting for the first shipment.

The price tag is only $599 for the 60gb.

And I'm not doubting you or anything but I'm in a lot of other forums where the ps3 is an even bigger talk than just a thread and no one has mentioned anything about the ps3 being released on Nov.7th, anywhere.

Official release date isnt until Nov.17th and stores didnt get their consoles until recently...

Oh don't worry about doubting me....I'm confused as hell!!!!! Because my husband and I are friends with the manager of our local EB and he was telling us how crazy it was on the 7th, with everyone trying to buy one?????? But yet everything I've seen says it comes out on the 17th.

I don't understand it...I think he might be crazy (I hope I'm not going crazy :P ).

And I should have mentioned the $799 price tag is what me and my husband were going to buy. We were going to get the delux pack and extra controlers and everything (sorry if I sent anyone into sticker shock, I should have been more clear on that one).

Oh man, I am getting the Wii! Well, not for me but for my little brother! He is a Nintendo fanatic! Anyways, I think if you didn't pre-order then you are out of luck for the Wii. The first shipment stores get are sold out already. In order for us to reserve the Wii I went to the store at 8 in the morning, and it was only 30 people could reserve it, and it was first come first serve. I was number 27! Anyways, the Wii is launched on Saturday at midnight. But I am going at the store at 8 a.m. to get it, because even though I have reserve they still don't know how many they are getting for the first shipment.

You're right about going early...when the Xbox 360 came out our local store was told that they would be recieving 30 units.....when the release day came they got 11.....let's just say there were a lot off pissed of people in my town!!!

I thought it was funny when the 360 was released...that day at school I had probably 15 students absent because they were waiting to get their console and were at home playing with it. :P

My husband and I are debating on if we want the Wii or not. We probably won't get one....but I would love to play the new bowling game that's coming out for it. With the new controlers for the Wii, you actually have to "bowl" while playing the game. I thought that would be a blast to play, especially at parties with a big group of friends.

Oh don't worry about doubting me....I'm confused as hell!!!!! Because my husband and I are friends with the manager of our local EB and he was telling us how crazy it was on the 7th, with everyone trying to buy one?????? But yet everything I've seen says it comes out on the 17th.

I don't understand it...I think he might be crazy (I hope I'm not going crazy :P ).

And I should have mentioned the $799 price tag is what me and my husband were going to buy. We were going to get the delux pack and extra controlers and everything (sorry if I sent anyone into sticker shock, I should have been more clear on that one).

ahh you're a doll!! Again, I'm sooo sorry if my reply sounded harsh, it wasnt meant to be. I should've added smileys :yes:

Oh don't worry I didn't get a harsh feeling....trust me I understand how nothing translates well via the internet. :yes:

I'm just curious cause my head is spinning (not literally)...but I think I may go down and talk to our manager friend and see if something was lost in the translation of our conversation :shame: . Maybe we mixed up something.....but hey.....me and my husband may still be able to get our hands on one now (my fingers and toes tightly crossed because I know it's a long shot :P )

Oh don't worry I didn't get a harsh feeling....trust me I understand how nothing translates well via the internet. :yes:

I'm just curious cause my head is spinning (not literally)...but I think I may go down and talk to our manager friend and see if something was lost in the translation of our conversation :shame: . Maybe we mixed up something.....but hey.....me and my husband may still be able to get our hands on one now (my fingers and toes tightly crossed because I know it's a long shot :P )

i hope you get one!! and then sell it and put the profits towards a new purse :graucho:

We pre-ordered the Wii last month for our little girl and will pick it up on Sunday. My husband is driving around town on his cell phone as I type, tyring to figure out which will be the best line to get in early for a chance of getting a PS3.

There are already 12 people lined up now (with tents) at our local Circuit City.