Anyone falling for the "Not a Plastic Bag" craze?

Are you into the "Not A Platic Bag" craze?

• YES.. I have one & love it!

• I'd definately carry it if I could snag it for the LOW retail price

• I think I'd pay a pretty good amount for it on eBay, its a good message.

• Umm, are you crazy? I'd RATHER carry a plastic bag!

• Environmental messages need NOT turn into a crazy fashion trend.

• Huh? I'll take paper.

Results are only viewable after voting.
i kinda like it....it can grow on me...hehe i voted i'd rather carry a plastic bag. but, like as you said...it can grow on you. and i'm sure they've probably got it in other different colors...right?

This bag is probably the first one Anya Hindmarch has produced that I hate! I love the idea, support the cause, understand why it has taken off the way it has, but do not like the product one little bit I'm afraid.

I think I'd get one if I can get it at retail. I'd really like to use it for a grocery bag or something, that would be really cute! But there's NO WAY I'm paying the crazy prices on eBay for a canvas bag! If they're selling for 5 lbs, who knows what the cost of producing one of these is??

ITA! :yes:

I like the environmental message, too.

But I think people selling them on eBay for a fortune and then shipping them around the world, individually, completely defeats the point and I find it almost distasteful. :yucky:

BTW, I've never seen £5 written like that before, but I suppose it makes perfect sense, seeing as, at one time, it was worth 5 lbs of gold! :biggrin:

Wish it still was! ;)

i kinda like it....it can grow on me...hehe i voted i'd rather carry a plastic bag. but, like as you said...it can grow on you. and i'm sure they've probably got it in other different colors...right?

No, I don't think so.

I think it's made from natural coloured fabric and using natural dyes for environmental reasons. :yes:

I actually really like the way it looks. :biggrin:

I managed to order two from a green website selling them (at £5 each) and can't wait to get them (they should be here within a week). I am going to use them when I grocery shop, rather than take the free plastic bags.

That is the point of the bag- it isn't supposed to be the latest handbag, it is a reusable groceries bag, to stop us all using hundreds of free plastic carriers each year, and throwing them away after one use, after which they go straight to landfill.

I currently have a hessian shopper that I got from a farm shop that I use for this purpose, but it isn't really big enough for a decent sized load of shopping, so i end up taking platic bags too, and these anya hindmarch bags are supposed to be really roomy so should fit alot in. Furthermore, if I can combine my love of bags with a small attempt to help the environment- there can't be much wrong with that.

The great thing about there being such a hype about the bag being desirable is that it gets the environmental message across to a wide audience, without preaching (and alienating) the audience. Also people are more likely to get into using the bag at the supermarket, if they want to be seen carrying it.

Who knows, in afew years we might all look back horrified at the the way we used to use new plastic bags every time we did our grocery shopping, only to chuck them in the bin after. This is hopefully a step in that direction. x

Well said! :biggrin:

I'd love to have one at retail, or close to retail, but NOT for hundreds of dollars. I am a big AH fan though. I love her totes and I have a fantastic evening clutch by her as well.

I really want one, but would never pay the ebay prices for it. I'm just hoping I can buy it from the source in the U.S. some time this year. I plan on actually using it for groceries, though, not as a handbag.