Anyone else with second thoughts over the mirage?

Luva Pug

In a H dream...
O.G.
Dec 26, 2006
Just wondering, is it just me who is having second thoughts?!:tdown:
I'm sure I will be in the minority, but im like:wtf: over the price tag! It just keeps creeping up and up, £875 at the moment, so i'm sure it will be £900 when it's finally released.
I said to myself right at the beginning that I wouldn't pay over £800 for it, and now its nearly £900...

I feel quite depressed over it actually, but i am in two minds over the price and the fact that bottom line its a speedy...

I'm thinking, hmm I could get a Chanel flap/ Reissue for that! I know it's LV but It's canvas!

Is there anyone who is thinking this?! xx

::raises hand:: as the date of the release has been getting closer, i've been debating if i really need it or not. as great as it looks and all, the price tag is just insane. at least if i get the nimbus, i know it's leather right? i wished it was pushed back to later this year so i have more time to think about it. right now, i'm on the fence about it.

I agree.. everytime I see a gorgeous canvas bag for $1k+ I think about the EPI or Suhali or other leather bag I could get for that price or just a little more. I'm not going to be getting the Mirage for just that reason, gorgeous as it may be. :sad:

I think the bag looks cool but I am starting to think too that $2K is a bit much for canvas with leather trim. For that price, I would also prefer to get something all-leather like epi or something else like a Chanel or an MJ Stam. (Don't shoot me please!)

Yeah I know what you mean. I didn't really like it from the pics I saw and when I went to the trunk show last week, it made me positive that I wouldn't be getting anything from that line.

I think I am really going to like the mirage but am also having second thoughts. I am waitlisted for this and a Chanel bag that I really want. Both are handheld, very similar in shape, size, releasing about the same date, etc. Except, of course, the Chanel is leather. Soft, yummy, leather! I really should only get one of them but am waiting until I see the mirage IRL at our trunkshow on Sept. 6th before deciding.

Uh huh. Been contemplating the Griet non exotic. Looks nice in pics but will wait to see IRL. The approximate price around $3400 and who knows what it will finally be! Only "true love" will justify the price tag so we'll see.

Glad to see im not the only one whos having second thoughts!
I am going down to London for mine and my bfs 4th anniversary 1st october, and there is a chanel boutique there, so im like, hmm, get mirage or get a lambskin Chanel!

I think the price tag is way too high, but I am sure I will get one. The pics are :wtf:. I haven't seen one in real life, so who knows, I may change my mind!

ITA about the unbelievable price tag on the mirage (afterall it's a runway piece :P). I have it WL. Hopefully I will get to see it IRL this coming Wednesday at the trunk show! Most likely I will pass this bag to another lovely owner:yes:..hehe...
But i will definitely be getting the Le Mignon!!:yahoo:

I'm looking forward to seeing it IRL. That's when I'll know for sure whether it's worth it or not for me.

Ditto. That happend to me with the Dentelle (?) the speedy with lace. I loved the pics, loved it in person and then tried it on and it just did not suit me. Sooo.... I will have to see if it is worth breaking the bank for.