Anyone else sick of seeing fake jewelry...

Well said. I just started this thread to see everyone's different veiws and what people perfer. It's very interesting to see what people perfer. I'll agree tho that it's not good to judge people by their jewelry because I do own some mall jewelry/cheaper jewelry too, but If I'm having a good time I don't really care whether it's real or fake or not, as long as I'm happy. The way I think of it (And this thread has helped me think of it differently) is that it's nice to have variations and if you're happy/having a good time, and the jewelry still looks good (real or fake or not) than thats all that really matters.

This was very true for Jews living in the "old country" who were constantly made to move from their
"shtetl" (small village) very quickly.
Diamonds/gold/other gemstones
could easily be taken with them and
used/traded for what they needed.

It was also useful for nomadic people, or any ethnic or national group being targeted, or likely to be, by another!

For Jews, there was another factor. Some countries, a long time ago, had laws that prohibited Jews from working in certain professions.

Professions not on the list included jeweler and banker, and to this day, you can find Jews in those industries who can count back generations of their family in the same business! :smile:

No, Im not bothered.

While I am not much a of a jewelry person admittedly, I just don't think it's a big deal. I don't understand paying $700 for CZ but it's not my money. Im sure others don't understand why I'd pay $2000 for a designer bag. Same thing IMHO. It's just about priorities...

I totally agree with you ItsMyWorld. I spend more money on bags than jewelry. Everytime I try to save up for jewelry, I end up spending the money on a Chanel or LV handbag instead. Often, I recieve jewelry as gifts and plan/say I'll spend my money on jewelry, and in the end, I'll spend it on a handbag. That's usually how it works for me.

I am not really botherd,shockingly right now im wearings a pair of CZ studs!. Currently im sick of seeing the homeless people in the street ,and children that are battered.There are much more important things in life than cz studs.. Each to their own

I have a couple of really nice synthetic pieces that use when I go travelling and I don't wanna take the good stuff. It has fooled many people including jewelers who I take it to for cleaning. It's really amazing quality!

Anne

I can understand where you are coming from, mcb100. Both my sister and I went to private boarding schools, and the other students there were very spoiled as well. I think you need to reach a point in your life (its hard and it takes time) where you don't put so much stock into what other people say. I know its hard, but who cares if people think, "oh thats fake." or "why would she spend money on that?"

In the end, its YOUR life, noone elses, so you need to do what makes you happy. Personally, I prefer to have fewer "good" things than more crappy things. I am trying to simplify and in the process develop my own taste and style. I don't buy things unless I really love them I know I will use them for a long time. I may spend more money on my bags, but I use them longer, and I buy ones that are really versatile and multi-functional.

I think it just takes time, and as you get older you will realize that. Just watch out with the CC's...and good lucK!

It's slightly sheltered and unimaginitive not to be able to consider reasons why people buy cheaper jewellery (or more expensive jewellery - works either way). I don't think any of us in this thread are like that.:P It's been an interesting read!

Don't listen to me though, I just spent an hour trying to find the CZ studs that have been in my ears the whole time. :s