Anyone else on a dial-up connection?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
My parents have taken me in like the stray I am since my lease is up and I haven't moved to Chicago yet.

They have a 45.2K dial-up connection. Ha, I didn't even know those existed anymore! I can eat a whole Klondike bar (mmm!) by the time Purse Forum loads! LOL

Anyone else on a dial-up? I am weeping quietly over having lost my DSL.

My mom had dial up for the longest time, and only just switched to DSL. Now she can see the pics I email her. Do you have a laptop? You could always go to Starbucks or the like.

OMG, YES! :throwup: Drives me crazy, but since we get free dial-up thru our work accounts, DH has never wanted to buck up for DSL or cable (even though I pay the utilities!!) I tell him I'd spend more time with him if it didn't take me so long to surf the net but he's not convinced... I know I'd be a lot more places on this forum if it didn't take so freaking long!

So I feel your pain.... hang in there!!! :flowers:

Hopefully I will be able to find cheap internet service in Chicago that's not dial-up. To be frank, I have nooooo clue how much an average internet connection runs.

We pay $79/month for high-speed cable with a static IP address (my husband has his own web server)

When we had regular cable without the static IP address, it was about $53/month

DSL was pretty comparable to the second one.

Omg, u guys should REALLy call around and ask for quotes.

Thats what i did. i was paying atleast 60-70 monthly and got fed up witht he high prices.

The Road Runner Lite is still CABLE. It's not even that slow!!! WAY FASTER THAN DSL and Dial up.

I am completely satisfied with the 15 bucks a month. I have 2 computers hooked up together on it.

OMG..Im laughing so hard cuz our DSL isnt working today..problem with it lately..AND im FORCED to use dial up..its like having a bad root canal..IM in AGONY!!!ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Say a prayer..they are coming out Saturday when I get back from the beach house..to fix it..ARGH.....

Lol. I seriously am always shocked when I hear of people still having to use dial up! I think it is even hard to buy a computer that comes equipt with a dial up modem now a days. But, sorry :sad: I guess the good thing is you only have a little while to put up with it though until you move.

DSL is only 17.99 a month from Verizon. I wish I could get it in my condo, but they don't have any available spaces right now. So I had no choice, but to get Comcast internet services which are a whopping 45 dollars a month. I'm hoping that a slot will become available with Verizon soon.