Anybody know when the new grape balenciagas can be reserved?

Deffinitely call Balenciaga, NY and check with Daphne or Kim, and if they're not in, ask for a store manager. There is deffinitely a waitlist, and like others here I have been on it for a month now for a Grape First and City, and a Marigold Makeup Clutch. Possibly the sa you spoke to worded it incorrectly, and the waitlists are now closed because they have reached the limit for the amount of bags they have coming in. And no you do not need to put any money down when you are put on the list. Good luck and let us know what you find out at Bal.
:tup:
A note on the 04 Eggplant...I had a City once, and although it is a very pretty color, it was too dark for my personal taste. So I am really hoping Grape will be the perfect purple for me! I paid $1795 for mine back in Dec 06, and I know it is all a matter of how high a certain buyer is willing to go for a coveted bag, but paying over $2,000 with Grape coming out in a couple of weeks seems too expensive. But again that is my personal opinion, and if a gal wants a certain bag bad enough, and she has the money, well then that's great for her!
:okay:

Thanks everyone!! I did call back today and talked to Daphne. Shes very busy but im glad I got a chance to speack to her directly. The waitlist is still open as of now and I put myself on the list for the city in GRAPE BOTH FOR THE REG. AND GH. and for the MARIGOLD in REG hardware.
Daphne did confirm that there will be a Grape in the reg. hardware in the city. Although she said she's not allowed to say how many they will be getting in, she did say that there will probably be alot and she said that my chances of getting it is good. She said it did depend on how many they are sent.

If you waitlist do they send you an email confirmation? Daphne didn't ask for my email address.

Deanna, YES I TOTALLY AGREE! I'm actually sort of glad I didn't win. It does seem like it would make more sense to wait for the grape as it is new and cheaper. You say you had an eggplant? I'm also looking for the "perfect purple" (if there is such a thing). From the pictures, the grape and egglplant are similar? Does anybody know what the difference is?

Again, thnx for the help! :tup:

thanx spay!

im actually thinking i should put my name for the grape city giant hw in both silver and gold. What do you guys think looks better? my friend recommmended the gold, but silver could be interesteing too.
is there a thread in the forum that shows what the grape will look like in giant silver or gold?

:confused1:

this thread is very helpful [especially for a new Balenciaga fan like me]. very informative info re the waitlist! I have a question here.. I live in NY and if ordered a purse from Bal NY and have it ship to CT,they're not gonna charge me for taxes right? tia!

I just called Bal NY and have the SA put my name on the grape list for first and city. He said the the waitlist is too long and recommened the Day as well so I asked him to put my name on the Day too. Until then, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

When is the Grape out again??? TIA ladies!

I think different SA's have different ways they contact customers when the bags come in, some by phone and some via email. You'll know which your sa uses when they ask for either your telephone number or email address. I haven't a clue on whether they would charge sales tax if you have a bag shipped to CT, but I do know they can only ship bags to the address you have on file with the credit or bank card you use. I was staying at my mom's for a week and I wanted the bag shipped there, but I had to have it shipped to my home. As far as when the bags will arrive, their estimates on the arrival of the pre-collection were pretty accurate, so they collection bags should arrive mid July to mid August. If you haven't seen which are the pre-collection colors and which are the collection colors, here is a list...

The F/W 2007 new colors for pre-collection are:

Sienna- a warm medium brown with reddish undertones.
Ocean- true medium royal blue.
Dark Olive- dark, deep olive green.
Paprika- exactly like the spice, an intense orangey red.
Tomato- a true tomato red, not too intense, very pretty.
Steel- dark charcoal grey, very true in tone.
Creme-Ivory, not white.

Collection colors are:

Pine- very dark green, like a pine tree.
Grape- the perfect dark purple, true with no variance
Cinnamon- very dark brown, warm undertones, like the spice.
Marigold- beautiful warm yellow, like a mustard yellow, not bright, but
warm.
Oatmeal- light beige/brown. a bit darker than last season's Sandstone.

And for newbies here are a few prices and measurements...

First $995.00 (13"x2"x6")
City $1195.00 (15"x3.5"x10")
Twiggy $1095.00 (14"x6.5"x7")
Day $995.00 (16"x5"x13")
Work $1385.00 (18"x5"x13")
Weekender $1495.00 (21"x9"x15")
Courier $1175.00 (22"x8"x15")
Hobo $1245.00 (17" x 3.5")
Extra Courier $1250.00 (24"x9"x17")
Part-Time $1295.00 (16"x6"x9")
Afternoon $1245.00 (17"x6"x13")
Mid-Afternoon $1195.00 (14"x5"x11")

Giant Hardware...

Day $1245
Hobo $1245
City $1595
Brief $1595
Part-time $1645
Work $1725

Yes, I did have an Eggplant City and the color was divine, but it was too dark for me. If you see my current collection, I love the vibrant colors the best. I have purchased a few bags that were super pretty, 04 Eggplant and 05 Indigo in particular, but I would always pass them up and use my BG Pink, Turquoise, and Magenta bags instead. I am happy I bought them though, since I never really know how I am going to feel about a style or color until I see it in person and test drive it for a while. Since it is very hard to tell in photos, I don't think anyone can be sure how Eggplant and Grape or going to be alike or how the are going to be different until we have the bags in hand. But here are some pictures of Grape bags that have been floating around, and pictures of my Eggplant City. I hope this is helpful!
:heart:

MyBags010.jpg

IMG_6598.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

MyBags021.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

MyBags011.jpg

Thanks for that post Deana, I was wondering the same thing about grape and the post really helped refresh my memory! :smile: I had forgotten that the collection could arrive as early as mid-July, that's not very far from now at all! :nuts:

Thanks Deana, very informative! Did your SA tell you how many were on the waitlist for the grape city in either the GH or RH? All she told me was that although theres alot before me, she said I have a good chance of getting it. I'm really crossing my fingers.

Deana I have the indigo too! I love it! I love deep bold colors. I was really torn as to whether I should get a magenta, a grape, or the marigold. But i've been really into purples lately. (I have purple tips on my toes!). However, I would take the anis over the marigold. The marigold seems to have a goldish tone?