Any one heard of handbag made of eel skin?

Wow...I have no clue....:shocked: The handbag my grandma gave me must be at least 20-30 years old...She gave it to me over 10 years ago, and she had it for a while...And, all this time, it has been sitting in a dark corner collecting dust. Anyways, here is a picture of it. I cannot find any hint of brand what so ever. And, you all were correct, it does feel very soft to the touch, and this bag looks to be in amazing condition, after 30 years (or more)...

Attachments

• eel skin.JPG
    eel skin.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 215
i have a few vintage eel skin clutches. they can take a lot of heat (figuratively) and can usually just be wiped clean with something gentle. i've swiped mine with baby wipes and been fine, but they really don't get dirty/pick up filth.

i even have one in beige that looks pretty pristine.

i have a few vintage eel skin clutches. they can take a lot of heat (figuratively) and can usually just be wiped clean with something gentle. i've swiped mine with baby wipes and been fine, but they really don't get dirty/pick up filth.

i even have one in beige that looks pretty pristine.

Thankx. I guess I have to get a box of baby wipes...Now I don't have kids...are those the same as baby oil? Or are they just called baby wipes???

Wow...I have no clue....:shocked: The handbag my grandma gave me must be at least 20-30 years old...She gave it to me over 10 years ago, and she had it for a while...And, all this time, it has been sitting in a dark corner collecting dust. Anyways, here is a picture of it. I cannot find any hint of brand what so ever. And, you all were correct, it does feel very soft to the touch, and this bag looks to be in amazing condition, after 30 years (or more)...
Wow, lucky girl! That bag is beautiful. :love:

I have a vintage eel skin clutch. They were more popular years ago. Still looks great. Its very soft.

Louboutin made shoes last season from eel skin. Its not a popular skin but it is very pretty.

Thankx. I guess I have to get a box of baby wipes...Now I don't have kids...are those the same as baby oil? Or are they just called baby wipes???

What a nice set - it seems to be in great shape!

Baby wipes are NOT the same as baby oil - they are just called baby wipes - come in a box usually and are disposable cloths with gentle cleanser on them used when changing a diaper.

Good luck!

Yes, in fact JC are doing eelskin bags this season.

I wouldn't, personally, purchase eelskin products until I know more about how it is produced.

As unlike other fish, eels can survive out of water for several hours, so I don't yet know if they skin them alive, like snakes, or not...

Oh my, my heart just skipped a beat, that is absolutely gorgeous.:heart:

Wow - I didn't know they skinned the snakes alive! Poor things! I shall covet snake skin not-so-much any more!!!