Food any good recipe websites??

I have used many of the ones mentioned, all have good recipes and ratings systems. However, the first one I usually go to is cooksillustrated.com. This is the companion website to the magazine, to which I used to have a subscription. The website membership fee is - I believe - $24.99 per year, which gives you access to all of the magazine archives. I have made many of their recipes, and they are just perfect. Tomorrow I will be making their Eggplant Parmesan again, which is simply to die for. I don't think the website membership costs much more than the magazine, and it doesn't clutter up my house.

Americastestkitchen.com, the companion website to their PBS series, is free though you have to register. After the season is over, those recipes go to cooksillustrated.com.

On another thread BonnieC suggested
www.StarChefs.com
I took a look and found some terrific recipes there. Gourmet style cooking.

I started a similar thread a minute or so after this one started. I must have been typing it when the OP here hit Post. Let's ignore mine (the one started by profnot) and keep going on this one.

CooksIllustrated.com is a great site, even with the registration fee, and when you watch their shows on PBS you can understand why. Every recipe is tested over and over with every variation in ingredients and cooking methods and times you can possibly imagine. It's not unusual for them to try 50 or 60 different variations before finally deciding on the best one. The key is to follow their recipes and instructions exactly, although sometimes I'll try cutting back on the salt a bit.

PBS has some great cooking shows. Many of the better cooks who have left the Food Network have moved to PBS and Saturday afternoon here in Chicago is back-to-back cooking shows. You might even watch them for some ideas. Jacques Pepin has a show called Fast Food My Way and does some amazingly simple and gorgeous dishes without any screeching, arm waving, or cutesy-poo abbreviations, and no BAM!s either.

Food TV isn't what it used to be. Any network that fires Mario Batali and keeps Sandra Lee has their priorities thoroughly screwed up. If it weren't for Nigella and Alton Brown I wouldn't even watch it any more. :hysteric: