Another Kelly Question

the sellier is so beautiful. it IS Hermes. Any true collector or afficionado really should have one........I do not but would love one. Just havent seen the right one yet............my dream is black goatskin 32 PHW

OMG!!! I TOO have been wondering this same question!
I am 5'4" and 110lbs...
yesterday I placed an order for both the 28cm and the 32cm black box kelly with gold HW in Sellier. So I can compare the sizes. I've been thinking about this all night long!

I sometimes feel that my current 28cm souple kelly is a bit small.... and wish I'd gotten it in 32cm.. then my decision now would be much easier: 28cm sellier.

However this is what I'd been thinking about:
Do I want to buy a bag based on what I already have? I already have the 28cm, so easily I can go for the 32... but my holy grail is the 28 cm sellier black box too.. and if I didn't have ANY Kellies I'd go for the 28cm black box kelly

You already have a 35 and a 28 so..... maybe you want to fill the gap and get 32. but if you had the choice would you fill it with 32 black box or 32 souple with another color?

Maybe if it were turquoise souple in chevre I'd for sure get it in 32cm. But for the black box kelly I definitely want it to look like a decadent purse. Just like how the current 28 cm looks on me.. but a bit more structured...

My SA also told me the sellier is a bit bigger than the souple for the same size and recommended 28...
I am actually leaning towards the 28cm...

After writing here I've definitely decided to go for the 28 sellier!! How cool is that? Helping you has helped me!!:yahoo:

Joanna, that is the way it is with me too. I feel I've learned a lot on tpf and sometimes it's from thinking through others' questions.
In my experience I only know for sure what really works for me from actually using the bags a lot in different situations. But reading about others' experiences and seeing pictures of them helps a lot too.

My SA also told me the sellier is a bit bigger than the souple for the same size and recommended 28...
I am actually leaning towards the 28cm...

After writing here I've definitely decided to go for the 28 sellier!! How cool is that? Helping you has helped me!!:yahoo:

Joanna: I think your SA meant the sellier looks bigger than the souple, right?

I think internally, the sellier in box might fit less stuff than a retourne in Box? :P

Joanna: I think your SA meant the sellier looks bigger than the souple, right?

I think internally, the sellier in box might fit less stuff than a retourne in Box? :P

Princessfrog, I believe you are right. I didn't pay attention to her since I was drooling over and walking around with the 4 different kelly bags presented to me.. lol.

Sellier LOOKS bigger but in reality isn't...

IMO, PRINCESSFROG, it does. Normally, I can fit my compact Bern, Karo GM, Vision agenda which houses my checkbook and agenda, small coin purse, credit card case, Porc mini agenda w/silver pen and random papers in my 28cm Retourne with no problems. In the Sellier, these things are a tight fit.

I have many Kellys of different sizes and the one I use the least is my first, a 32 sellier. Although it is a beautiful color (gold) that goes with everything and I find it really beautiful, it is harder to get in and out of than my retourne Kellys. The sharp corners of the sellier Kelly make me feel the bag's presence whenever I put it down or carry it close to my body. It isn't so much that it hurts, but I can feel it, and therefore I prefer my retournes.
:sos: hmm...looks like i have a question too. Why is it that sellier Kellys are harder to get in & out than retourne Kellys? My Kellys are all retourne so I have no user experience at all with sellier...

gigi: The external stitching makes it harder for the leather to "flex" compared to the internal stitching.
I got a theory:

External stitching when opening the bag, the leather flexes like the shape ">" or angle 40 degrees. But when you open the retourne Kelly, the leather flexes in the opposite of the ext'l stitching like (360-40)=320 degrees? so you can fit more inside?

Try using any 2 fabric and hold down the sides like an external stitch and you can only flex as much. But try flipping the fabric onto the oppsite side (like a internal stitch) and you can "open" up the fabric much more.

:okay: I am getting too nerdy/dorky here :shame:

Thank you, princessfrog! :heart: no, not nerdy/dorky at all! I really appreciate your inputs! :flowers:if you've read my posts in a previous thread about sellier mou, togo sellier etc. you'd realise that I can get too techy sometimes...some ladies got a headache from reading that thread :lol:

your explanation about the external stitching making it harder for the leather to "flex" (when opening the bag) makes sense. I've been wondering if it has anything to do with the straps.

Thank you, princessfrog! :heart: no, not nerdy/dorky at all! I really appreciate your inputs! :flowers:if you've read my posts in a previous thread about sellier mou, togo sellier etc. you'd realise that I can get too techy sometimes...some ladies got a headache from reading that thread :lol:

your explanation about the external stitching making it harder for the leather to "flex" (when opening the bag) makes sense. I've been wondering if it has anything to do with the straps.

Straps? the one that goes onto the lock? hmm.. it's on the back of the kelly?

Sellier mou and togo sellier - I will go look for that thread ;)