Books & Music Another good vampire series?

Another Anita Blake fan here, even though LKH's more recent books in this series have really been pretty bad (way too much unnecessary sex and not even actual plot line). The next book in the series, Kiss the Dead, is set to come out on June 5th.

I also remember really enjoying Christopher Pike's The Last Vampire series when I was younger, so I figured I'd try re-reading them and see if they hold up as well now that I'm an adult.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this series yet, but the Chicagoland Vampires series bye Chloe Neill is good! Plus, it's much different and better than Twilight. ;)

First book is called, "Some Girls Bite."

KimmyAnne said:
Another Anita Blake fan here, even though LKH's more recent books in this series have really been pretty bad (way too much unnecessary sex and not even actual plot line). The next book in the series, Kiss the Dead, is set to come out on June 5th.

I also remember really enjoying Christopher Pike's The Last Vampire series when I was younger, so I figured I'd try re-reading them and see if they hold up as well now that I'm an adult.

So are they holding up?

For ladies who like vampires and 50 Shades of Grey, try The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler. I actually enjoyed it much more than 50 Shades, as the storyline is much deeper IMO.

Anyway, it's free on iBooks, Kindle, Nook, Sony and I think most other devices, so worth a try!

TheDesignerGirl said:
For ladies who like vampires and 50 Shades of Grey, try The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler. I actually enjoyed it much more than 50 Shades, as the storyline is much deeper IMO.

Anyway, it's free on iBooks, Kindle, Nook, Sony and I think most other devices, so worth a try!

Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded it.

I just finished book 1 now I'm starting 2 I really enjoyed it :smile:

Trying now! Thanks for the suggestion!

I just read this one and it wasn't my favorite. :shrugs: I can't really go into why because I don't want to ruin it for those of you who have not read it yet.