Another DES post. DES & ptosis at Jestar/Zestar (asymmetrical natural double eyelids)

Hi! This is my review of consultations that I had for DES as someone who had a hard time understanding all the little details of DES during my research. All I knew about my eyes is that I hated how tired I looked. I have multiple folds/wrinkles on each eye (one eye having more than the other). They look really asymmetrical (as does the rest of my face).

It has been a little over a month since I had DES, ptosis correction, and upper eyelid fat repositioning done at Zestar. I am still swollen and bruised but I think I have a good idea of how it is going to end up. I went to Korea with my final short list of Marble, Yellow, Thank You (to Zestar), and Yuno (to Luho).

this picture on ahnest kitchen helped me a little! I thought all of the folds could be pretty, but I figured I wanted the semi-out or the outline bc it would suit my face better.
View attachment 5911084

these are my before pictures so that you can make better sense of the consultation suggestions:
View attachment 5911089View attachment 5911132View attachment 5911133

Marble: I met with Dr. Park bc the consultant on KK told me Dr. Suh does a more natural style whereas Dr. Park does more dolly style. I am still trying to learn the difference between the two but I knew I wanted big, cute eyes so I wanted to see what type of suggestions the doctors would have to achieve a "dolly" aesthetic. They recommended DES with ptosis correction to even out my line (2.5mil KRW if paid in cash and 2.8mil KRW if paid with card). There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the consultation but I left the clinic feeling like it just wasn't anything special. I didn't see any pre-op eyes that were similar to mine in the office, or on GU.. so that was an important factor in making my decision.

Luho: I have a prev. post on this clinic, but I kept getting drawn back to it because they were the ONLY clinic on GU that had a ton of asymmetrical natural double eyelid patients. Most of which were Thai. To sum it up, they were trying to pressure me into putting in a deposit before arriving in Korea, and then after messaging a different coordinator, they gave me a price that was significantly higher than the first online consult. I ended up making the consultation appt with them because Yuno had some appt complications and had to cancel my appt. I went to see Dr. Park at this clinic. He recommended crease lowering DES, upper lid fat repositioning, botox above my eyebrow, and cutting the eyelid so that there isn't extra skin. This was the first time I heard of cutting the crease but it did make sense since I had so much extra skin & wrinkles. The consultation went great, honestly. I liked them until they told me that the price for everything was 8 mil KRW. LOL what. I was like alright! i'm not interested if that is what you are giving me. I told them that my max budget for this trip was 5mil KRW so thank you for your time but I'm leaving. They called me by the time I went to the subway station and said fine, we will offer you the LOW PRICE of..... you guessed it... 5 mil KRW. This place is toxic. I'm not even sure if the doctor is that great (with a team like that, I hope he is for his sake), but my roller coaster of interactions with this clinic is such a red flag.

Yellow: I met with Dr. Lee at this clinic and had to bring an interpreter. I booked one through the government e-mail and met up w/ her at the clinic. I liked that yellow had a reputation for beautiful dolly eyes. and it was true! All the girls working at the clinic were beautiful. The doctor recommended DES, ptosis correction, and possibly fat transfer to my upper lid but he said he would need to decide during surgery. Since my last consult w/ Luho made me realize I may need crease cutting, I asked the doctor why he wouldn't need to cut the crease? Where would the extra skin go? The doctor told me that the wrinkles would be gone by the end of the surgery. Period. I asked probably 3 times, and by then just kind of gave up because it didn't make any sense to me. I left, didn't really like the surgeon? (although in my opinion, if you see your doctor with flawless b&a on cases that look exactly like yours, I would look past this). I also didn't see any similar pre-op cases as mine on GU. They quoted me 3mil KRW.

Zestar: Thank you PS cancelled on me because their interpreter had a last min appt she had to get to so I made an appointment with Zestar bc of their reputation, and their reviews on sungyesa & GU. I met with Dr. Kang. At the clinic, they recommended DES, ptosis correction, and upper eyelid fat repositioning. I asked him again how the wrinkles would go away if there was no crease cutting. He took his time to explain to me that the muscle that he is tightening is directly connected to the crease fold so the stronger the muscle is, the more the fold pulls inwards. I asked the Dr. if I was a good candidate for epi or cantho (anything that would make my eyes look nicer). The Dr. said that if I wanted the puppy dog eyes that are popular in Korea I could do canthoplasty, but I felt it would change my whole look so I decided against it. When he was marking my crease, I kept telling him to increase the crease height, being used to my high crease, and he agreed to do a maximum of 2/3rds what it used to be. I felt pretty good about the clinic and consultation. I went back, scoured their GU for cases like mine - found one that looked pretty good, and put in my deposit the next day. They gave me the price of $3 mil KRW. I was so caught up with the pricing from Luho that I just accepted it instantly. I didn't get any discounts, and I didn't even try :'|.

The surgery itself was pretty straightforward. He asked me to open my eyes for ptosis. He must have been working on that for a while bc I remember being awake for a good portion of it. The local anesthesia kept wearing off during the ptosis portion, so it must have been an hour of him doing that? It did hurt. It wasn't unbearable but it does hurt. Every time I said it hurt, they would apply more local. I didn't go back under, and once he stitched me up I got up and went to dinner. NGL it was pretty bloody and swollen the first few days. They told me not to clean it for a few days, but blood was literally going into my eye lol. I soaked cotton pads and dabbed the dried blood until they would eventually wash away.

View attachment 5911100

and now that I'm a month out - I really like the results! The stitching is neat. I can tell it's going to fade into nothing over the next year. When the Dr. was marking my eyes, he said he would do a semi-out line which was alright with me but now all I am looking for is that out-line. I feel like it's so close!! Overall, I'm happy about it.

View attachment 5911134View attachment 5911109View attachment 5911110
Did you get incisional or non-incisional DES?

@stciw, thank you for your detailed reply and I'm also looking to get some surgeries done at Zestar.

I was wondering how long did you stay in Korea? I also want to do f2f consultations before actually setting a surgery date in June but I honestly am having second doubts on whether there is enough time...
Few friends and I are will also be in town in June. If you're interested in hanging out when you're in town, feel free to join our June kkt group: https://surgerybuddy.simple.ink/

Reactions: stciw
Hi! This is my review of consultations that I had for DES as someone who had a hard time understanding all the little details of DES during my research. All I knew about my eyes is that I hated how tired I looked. I have multiple folds/wrinkles on each eye (one eye having more than the other). They look really asymmetrical (as does the rest of my face).

It has been a little over a month since I had DES, ptosis correction, and upper eyelid fat repositioning done at Zestar. I am still swollen and bruised but I think I have a good idea of how it is going to end up. I went to Korea with my final short list of Marble, Yellow, Thank You (to Zestar), and Yuno (to Luho).

this picture on ahnest kitchen helped me a little! I thought all of the folds could be pretty, but I figured I wanted the semi-out or the outline bc it would suit my face better.
View attachment 5911084

these are my before pictures so that you can make better sense of the consultation suggestions:
View attachment 5911089View attachment 5911132View attachment 5911133

Marble: I met with Dr. Park bc the consultant on KK told me Dr. Suh does a more natural style whereas Dr. Park does more dolly style. I am still trying to learn the difference between the two but I knew I wanted big, cute eyes so I wanted to see what type of suggestions the doctors would have to achieve a "dolly" aesthetic. They recommended DES with ptosis correction to even out my line (2.5mil KRW if paid in cash and 2.8mil KRW if paid with card). There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the consultation but I left the clinic feeling like it just wasn't anything special. I didn't see any pre-op eyes that were similar to mine in the office, or on GU.. so that was an important factor in making my decision.

Luho: I have a prev. post on this clinic, but I kept getting drawn back to it because they were the ONLY clinic on GU that had a ton of asymmetrical natural double eyelid patients. Most of which were Thai. To sum it up, they were trying to pressure me into putting in a deposit before arriving in Korea, and then after messaging a different coordinator, they gave me a price that was significantly higher than the first online consult. I ended up making the consultation appt with them because Yuno had some appt complications and had to cancel my appt. I went to see Dr. Park at this clinic. He recommended crease lowering DES, upper lid fat repositioning, botox above my eyebrow, and cutting the eyelid so that there isn't extra skin. This was the first time I heard of cutting the crease but it did make sense since I had so much extra skin & wrinkles. The consultation went great, honestly. I liked them until they told me that the price for everything was 8 mil KRW. LOL what. I was like alright! i'm not interested if that is what you are giving me. I told them that my max budget for this trip was 5mil KRW so thank you for your time but I'm leaving. They called me by the time I went to the subway station and said fine, we will offer you the LOW PRICE of..... you guessed it... 5 mil KRW. This place is toxic. I'm not even sure if the doctor is that great (with a team like that, I hope he is for his sake), but my roller coaster of interactions with this clinic is such a red flag.

Yellow: I met with Dr. Lee at this clinic and had to bring an interpreter. I booked one through the government e-mail and met up w/ her at the clinic. I liked that yellow had a reputation for beautiful dolly eyes. and it was true! All the girls working at the clinic were beautiful. The doctor recommended DES, ptosis correction, and possibly fat transfer to my upper lid but he said he would need to decide during surgery. Since my last consult w/ Luho made me realize I may need crease cutting, I asked the doctor why he wouldn't need to cut the crease? Where would the extra skin go? The doctor told me that the wrinkles would be gone by the end of the surgery. Period. I asked probably 3 times, and by then just kind of gave up because it didn't make any sense to me. I left, didn't really like the surgeon? (although in my opinion, if you see your doctor with flawless b&a on cases that look exactly like yours, I would look past this). I also didn't see any similar pre-op cases as mine on GU. They quoted me 3mil KRW.

Zestar: Thank you PS cancelled on me because their interpreter had a last min appt she had to get to so I made an appointment with Zestar bc of their reputation, and their reviews on sungyesa & GU. I met with Dr. Kang. At the clinic, they recommended DES, ptosis correction, and upper eyelid fat repositioning. I asked him again how the wrinkles would go away if there was no crease cutting. He took his time to explain to me that the muscle that he is tightening is directly connected to the crease fold so the stronger the muscle is, the more the fold pulls inwards. I asked the Dr. if I was a good candidate for epi or cantho (anything that would make my eyes look nicer). The Dr. said that if I wanted the puppy dog eyes that are popular in Korea I could do canthoplasty, but I felt it would change my whole look so I decided against it. When he was marking my crease, I kept telling him to increase the crease height, being used to my high crease, and he agreed to do a maximum of 2/3rds what it used to be. I felt pretty good about the clinic and consultation. I went back, scoured their GU for cases like mine - found one that looked pretty good, and put in my deposit the next day. They gave me the price of $3 mil KRW. I was so caught up with the pricing from Luho that I just accepted it instantly. I didn't get any discounts, and I didn't even try :'|.

The surgery itself was pretty straightforward. He asked me to open my eyes for ptosis. He must have been working on that for a while bc I remember being awake for a good portion of it. The local anesthesia kept wearing off during the ptosis portion, so it must have been an hour of him doing that? It did hurt. It wasn't unbearable but it does hurt. Every time I said it hurt, they would apply more local. I didn't go back under, and once he stitched me up I got up and went to dinner. NGL it was pretty bloody and swollen the first few days. They told me not to clean it for a few days, but blood was literally going into my eye lol. I soaked cotton pads and dabbed the dried blood until they would eventually wash away.

View attachment 5911100

and now that I'm a month out - I really like the results! The stitching is neat. I can tell it's going to fade into nothing over the next year. When the Dr. was marking my eyes, he said he would do a semi-out line which was alright with me but now all I am looking for is that out-line. I feel like it's so close!! Overall, I'm happy about it.

View attachment 5911134View attachment 5911109View attachment 5911110
Looks really natural!

Reactions: stciw
I’m also heavily considering Zestar for my primary DES. Did you choose Dr Kang? I think Dr. Choi is the head doctor. How did you choose? Seems like Dr Choi also does rhino though while Dr Kang is only eyes?
Sorry about the late response! I went in wanting to choose Dr. Choi (from what I was reading about him on GU or here on purseforum) but they told me Dr. Kang was their head eye doctor.

I've narrowed down to these clinics for primary, non-incisional DES + canthoplasty. Has anyone heard of any botched cases from them?

Marble: Dr Park or Sun?
Yellow: Dr Lee
Zestar
Thank You: Dr Kang or Dr Kim?
Yuno
Wink