American Colony / Hutterites

k2sealer

I only wear live fur
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Anyone watching? I'm enjoying this show. I felt so bad for Bertha when she got shunned. She reminds me of one of my Aunts. Very practical and down to earth but will verbally throw down with you if you cross her.

I've been watching it. It is a strange mix of modern and old fashioned. I keep meaning to google them to learn more about their belief system. I hope the begin to develop it more and shed more light on their relationships and how their commune works

I watched the first two episodes;it was mildly interesting but it felt staged to me. Something was off about it. I agree with DC-Cutie, it felt like a badly scripted soap opera.

was able to watch more episodes of this. while i'm not sure it's scripted persay.... i do think it's heavily reenacted. you can tell theyve either memorized or they're reading cue cards when doing the 'interviews'.

although i can't imagine the older ones would be ok with all the filming.

and i want to know how i can become a money boss lol

I'm obsessed with this show, and kept hoping someone would start a thread for it! :biggrin:

I don't think they're acting at all. I just think it's their accent/way of speaking that could make it come off that way. Seems pretty real to me.

Bertha rules, and I want to live at her house for a week or 2.

Claudia is beautiful. Loved the ep when she wanted to do men's work and kicked azz, put up the fence with her friend and then killed all those chickens, did anything they told her to do allllll until she had to give a cow a preg test--NOTHANKSBYE! :roflmfao:

That one guy was a real d*ck putting air freshener on Wesley's jerky--Someone coulda gotten ill. Wesley is kinda a turd, but I'm glad he made a new batch and won the jerky competition.

I'm obsessed with this show, and kept hoping someone would start a thread for it! :biggrin:

I don't think they're acting at all. I just think it's their accent/way of speaking that could make it come off that way. Seems pretty real to me.

Bertha rules, and I want to live at her house for a week or 2.

Claudia is beautiful. Loved the ep when she wanted to do men's work and kicked azz, put up the fence with her friend and then killed all those chickens, did anything they told her to do allllll until she had to give a cow a preg test--NOTHANKSBYE! :roflmfao:

That one guy was a real d*ck putting air freshener on Wesley's jerky--Someone coulda gotten ill. Wesley is kinda a turd, but I'm glad he made a new batch and won the jerky competition.

+1. Bertha reminds me of one of my aunts. And I love Claudia's sassiness. I'm starting to really like Wesley. I wish he would get a girlfriend from one of the other colonies.

at first i also thought it was maybe their accent.. maybe they're just used to speaking in their own language so explaining stuff in english just makes it sound rehearsed.. but i dont' really think so. it's the way they're expressing things... as if they're trying to make everything sound really interesting.

the air freshener really shocked me too, couldn't that have started on fire????

it's kind of amazing how different the girls look when they have their hair down. claudia in her colony outfit looks just kinda plain jane but with her hair down she's really pretty.