am I being scammed????

Good to know! I didn't know that you could only file one claim on the same item. Luckily I haven't had to file any, but it's great to know if anything happens in the future!:tup:

Just to set the record straight; you can CHANGE a paypal claim from INR (Item Not Recieved) to SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) I should know, as this is exactly what I had to do. A new claim is not opened up, it is simply changed to a new category. HTH someone.

Just to set the record straight; you can CHANGE a paypal claim from INR (Item Not Recieved) to SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) I should know, as this is exactly what I had to do. A new claim is not opened up, it is simply changed to a new category. HTH someone.

Maybe it depends on the representative you talk to or who looks at your case :confused1: Some members have had success changing a claim while others have not and were referred to policy where it states that you cannot file more than one claim.

They wouln't let me.....This is what they directed me to when I tried to change mine. It is the paypal user agreement and it states in section 3 that you can't change the dispute once it is opened.

You have 45days to file a claim, and until paypal changes it in their terms it is wrong to assume that EVERY representative will change the claim.

13.7 Claims Procedures. If you escalate a Dispute into a Claim, we will gather information from you and the seller and determine eligibility for reimbursement under the Buyer Protection Programs. Here are some important things to remember about the Claim process:
  1. If a buyer files a Claim asserting receipt of a Significantly Not as Described item, we will generally require the buyer to return the item to the seller at the buyer's expense and to provide proof of return delivery. If the item is over $250.00 USD or equivalent, online signature confirmation must also accompany the proof of delivery. In some circumstances, we may require the buyer to send the item to us or to a third party specified by us, to obtain documentation from a qualified third party substantiating the Claim, or to provide evidence that the item has been destroyed. In some instances, we may ask a buyer to support a Claim by filing and supplying a copy of a police report.
  2. If a buyer initiates a Dispute/Claim and the amount in Dispute is greater than $100, PayPal will place the disputed amount (to the extent it remains in the seller's Account) on hold until the Dispute/Claim is resolved, and the seller will not be able to withdraw this amount while the Dispute/ Claim remains unresolved.
  3. Other than adding information you may not edit or change a Claim after filing it.
  4. We may ask a buyer to identify the minimum refund that would be acceptable to settle the Claim. If you specify a refund amount that is less than the amount of the original transaction, and the seller agrees to refund the amount you specified, PayPal will consider the Claim to be successfully resolved.
  5. After we close a Claim in favor of a buyer, a seller may appeal our decision on the Claim; however, PayPal generally will only grant the appeal if the seller is able to prove that the buyer sent the item back to the seller in a condition significantly different than when the Claim was filed (other than normal wear from shipping). PayPal does not guarantee recovery of money from a buyer for a seller if a seller wins an appeal.