Already have a Keepall 45, is a Speedy 40 worth it?

Onederland

homo-a-gogo!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
alright guys, i already own a Keepall 45, which i love as an overnight/weekender.

but, a few weeks ago, my friend let me borrow her speedy 40 for a week to use as a day bag, and i kinda fell in love with it.

i really want a classic day bag that can hold stuff, that isn't a tote. otherwise, i always have to hold my sidekick, my wallet, my wapity, and whatever else in my hands, because pockets can only hold so much!

and i really love the 40 and it's massiveness. i really don't like anything smaller.

so do you think that a speedy would be worth to buy, even though i already have a keepall 45?

or should i try and find a day bag from another brand or style? since the keepalls and speedys are similar?

Yeah, I do think it's worth it, because the Keepall is meant as luggage and it would look silly if you used that to carry your everyday things...the Speedy is such a staple and a classic, it goes with EVERYTHING, so I think it's worth the price. If you think that's a bit too big, just go for the 35.

Reactions: Namwan-
i have a keepall 45 too, but if you're going to get a speedy 40, i'd wait. i'm not sure if this would interest you, but LV is going to be hand-painting speedies and keepalls through special order (meaning already assembled bags can't be sent in to be painted, they have to be painted and then assembled) some people may not like this idea but i saw a picture and thought it looked awesome. i am going to see about getting a damier speedy painted. it's only on size speedy 30 and up. but if you want a bag to be your day bag, like an actual purse, i don't see anything wrong with getting the 40. if you prefer the bigger bags, that's just your style.'

btw your signature is my fav. song by imogen heap :smile:

i have a keepall 45 too, but if you're going to get a speedy 40, i'd wait. i'm not sure if this would interest you, but LV is going to be hand-painting speedies and keepalls through special order (meaning already assembled bags can't be sent in to be painted, they have to be painted and then assembled) some people may not like this idea but i saw a picture and thought it looked awesome. i am going to see about getting a damier speedy painted. it's only on size speedy 30 and up. but if you want a bag to be your day bag, like an actual purse, i don't see anything wrong with getting the 40. if you prefer the bigger bags, that's just your style.'

btw your signature is my fav. song by imogen heap :smile:

omg thank you! i love that song toooo!

also, OMG! really? they're going to be offering speedys in custom painted versions!?

if that's happening, then i'll gladly wait.

do you have any more info on this? like when they'll start offering this option or whatnot?

also, OMG! really? they're going to be offering speedys in custom painted versions!?

do you have any more info on this? like when they'll start offering this option or whatnot?[/quote]

I want to know too. I asked about this a couple of months ago and they would only paint on hard sided luggage. I really want a painted speedy.

If you carry that much stuff, won't that be killer on your forearm? I never quite understood how ppl stuff a speedy 30 + and are able to not have an aching forearm...mine gets marks if I stuff my speedy 25.

do you have any more info on this? like when they'll start offering this option or whatnot?

I want to know too. I asked about this a couple of months ago and they would only paint on hard sided luggage. I really want a painted speedy.

if you're interested, PM me and i'll give you the name and # to the store and who to ask for. she's the manager and the one who told me about it. she may have more info, what i posted is pretty much all i know.

I have both peices..the 45 is my overnight bag..my 40 is my hand bag. 40 is a bit large for a handbag..but I tend to lean towards the larger sized ones anyway. Holds lots of junk....so yes I say its worth it