All about the Puff...Puffer bags!

I'm considering selling my 2 grommet toy puffer because I like the idea of 4 grommets/adjustability. Unfortunately, I will probably take a loss on this. How are you liking the adjustable version? Does it look nice when adjusted for the doublestrap?

Thanks!
I absolutely love it, I wear it both on the long strap or doubled up. I think both ways are great, I cannot say that I prefer one over the other. When doubled up the strap drop is still generous.
If you want me to send anything (pix or measured strap drops) let me know!
I think the 4 grommets are totally worth it, if you can see yourself wearing it doubled up.

I absolutely love it, I wear it both on the long strap or doubled up. I think both ways are great, I cannot say that I prefer one over the other. When doubled up the strap drop is still generous.
If you want me to send anything (pix or measured strap drops) let me know!
I think the 4 grommets are totally worth it, if you can see yourself wearing it doubled up.
Thanks! I think I will go to a boutique and try the bag on. I'm short so I'd like to make sure it will look okay on me!

Reactions: cahejo
Does anyone use their puffer for everyday use? I just purchased a black puffer size small gold hardware but am afraid is it too fragile for everyday use.
I have used my black toy puffer with BHW every day since I received it earlier this year, including all through the summer. So no surprise, I absolutely love it! The lamb leather is exquisite, but it's not particularly fragile. I haven't had to limit my use and enjoyment of the puffer as my daily grab-and-go bag. The leather and the hardware have held up beautifully, with no marks or scratches. Enjoy carrying your bag!

Reactions: Moxisox and cahejo
I got a small scratch on my black puffer and used some leather conditioner on the spot. The scratch isn't as apparent now but I feel like the sheen has lessened a little in that spot. Any conditioner product suggestions that you have liked for your black puffers that doesn't cause the bag to loose it's sheen or will restore the sheen?

I used my cream toy puffer as an everyday bag for a couple of weeks and it has some scuffing in the corners. I tried my best to treat it gently and the scuffing doesn't bother me but I'm guessing it could get worse as time goes on. I'm considering bringing it in to get repaired, but YSL said it could take 4-6 months because they ship the item to Paris. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Can someone pleas help! I just got this bag not even a month ago. I loved it in store and asked if their lambskin held up well. They said yes it is just more prone to scratches. I baby my bags, don’t put them on the floor, don’t let anyone touch or hit them, I’m a little crazy about it. I used my puffer for the first time today for a quick trip to the mall. I carried it for about 2 hours while walking around the mall. Came back to the house and inspected the bag to find the one corner completely worn away!!!!! 1 use only!! I’m livid. Please someone tell me what to do?!

Attachments

• 0BDE3B20-B341-4C37-B885-5D8A19CBE034.jpeg
    0BDE3B20-B341-4C37-B885-5D8A19CBE034.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 57
Can someone pleas help! I just got this bag not even a month ago. I loved it in store and asked if their lambskin held up well. They said yes it is just more prone to scratches. I baby my bags, don’t put them on the floor, don’t let anyone touch or hit them, I’m a little crazy about it. I used my puffer for the first time today for a quick trip to the mall. I carried it for about 2 hours while walking around the mall. Came back to the house and inspected the bag to find the one corner completely worn away!!!!! 1 use only!! I’m livid. Please someone tell me what to do?!
Awe, I'm sorry! When you have a new bag finding damage on it really hurts! It looks like you scraped it against a wall or something else.

You can ask YSL if they can do anything but they may say it is wear and tear.

A friend of mine had somebody scrape her black puffer with a shopping cart that caused similar looking damage. She said she used one of the black creams from Saphir that made it unnoticeable.

I would say though to be very careful with applying any product to the bag. I used a neutral leather conditioner on a scratch on my black puffer and I feel like it was less shiny after and that some of the black came off. Future small scratches I think I will only try to buff really well without applying a product if possible. So I wouldn't use a lot of any product on your bag and would try to limit it to very, very close to where the scrape is.

Awe, I'm sorry! When you have a new bag finding damage on it really hurts! It looks like you scraped it against a wall or something else.

A friend of mine had somebody scrape her black puffer with a shopping cart that caused similar looking damage. She said she used one of the black creams from Saphir that made it unnoticeable.

I would say though to be very careful with applying any product to the bag. I used a neutral leather conditioner on a scratch on my black puffer and I feel like it was less shiny after and that some of the black came off. Future small scratches I think I will only try to buff really well without applying a product if possible. So I wouldn't use a lot of any product on your bag and would try to limit it to very, very close to where the scrape

I would say though to be very careful with applying any product to the bag. I used a neutral leather conditioner on a scratch on my black puffer and I feel like it was less shiny after and that some of the black came off. Future small scratches I think I will only try to buff really well without applying a product if possible. So I wouldn't use a lot of any product on your bag and would try to limit it to very, very close to where the scrape is.
Took it into the store. They deemed it not normal. They replaced it with a Loulou and a wallet because of the price difference. So thankfully the service was good!

Reactions: cathavenicethings
Just got delivered today. Small suede puffer in cinnamon. I love the color. I wasn't sure if I would at first as it looked darker on my monitor but its gorgeous in person! I also bought carbon pro to protect it. I have never sprayed my bags but alot of people on here seem to all recommend carbon pro. Especially for suede.

Attachments

• suedepuffer.jpg
    suedepuffer.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18
I have been considering buying the small Puffer bag in lambskin. I don’t own any lambskin bags. Would you recommend it given that I live in a rainy city? Or perhaps it’s an impractical choice? Honest opinions, please :smile:.

I had the YSL espadrilles that I loved, but they were completely ruined in the rain (quite a while ago). The weather is unpredictable. I didn’t know it was going to rain. Lesson learned, no more espadrilles for me.

I have both suede and the lambskin puffers and I sprayed all of them with Carbon Pro but I still dont use them when I know it will snow or rain. They are expensive bags so dont want to take any chances. Love the puffers!

I have both suede and the lambskin puffers and I sprayed all of them with Carbon Pro but I still dont use them when I know it will snow or rain. They are expensive bags so dont want to take any chances. Love the puffers!

I am so conflicted! I love the softness of the puffer, but knowing I live in a city that rains a lot… I completely ruined my YSL lambskin espadrilles in the rain. An $800 lesson, too expensive!

Loewe Puzzle Mini in calfskin or Loulou Puffer Small in lambskin? Or the YSL Mini Lou camera bag?