All About That Andiamo!

Any opinions on the new andiamo on chain? I'm thinking about getting it. I'm very torn between the three colors, all which are beautiful. I do wish they had a fondant or camomile on chain.
I love the look of the andiamo on chain too but when I saw it in person, I found it to be very heavy with the chain strap and not as comfortable as the regular andiamo. I feel that other brands do better with bags with chain straps (like chanel and ysl) and that BV’s strong suit is their leather. In the end, I selected a small andiamo in the cognac color! Love it so much. Good luck deciding!

I know there is a specific way they tie it in the store when using it as a top handle so I’m going in today so they can show me how to do it and pick up the certificate of craft they forgot to ship with the bag. I have used it as a top handle though and just pulled the strap with the hardware so it was even on both sides which I liked the look of
Hi! Did they show you how too tie the strap when using it as a top handle? I'm so curious before buying one 😍

Just for everyone's benefit, I want to caution you that the straps will show wear. It looks like leather is peeling almost.
Considering how much I've carried the Andiamo bag, it's held up very well and I don't think it's like a manufacturing defect but rather a natural wear and tear from the friction and I still love the bag. There's absolutely no wear or tear on the body or the inside of the bag though (I could use it every day of the week if that was the only bag I had, and I'm thinking about getting another one...)

Just for everyone's benefit, I want to caution you that the straps will show wear. It looks like leather is peeling almost.
Considering how much I've carried the Andiamo bag, it's held up very well and I don't think it's like a manufacturing defect but rather a natural wear and tear from the friction and I still love the bag. There's absolutely no wear or tear on the body or the inside of the bag though (I could use it every day of the week if that was the only bag I had, and I'm thinking about getting another one...)
Interesting, I’ve had the opposite issue. No wear at all on the strap, but wear on the corners relatively quickly

Look closely! hahaha
It could be because I switch straps all day. Especially as the bag gets filled up with a snack, a little knick knack and whatever I pick up along the way during the day, and if I change my mind about whether I want to wear it inside or outside my jacket. However as the name goes... I feel like we should be able to ANDIAMO without worrying about the leather wear. This is one reason why I'm considering a version with the chain strap.
Interesting, I’ve had the opposite issue. No wear at all on the strap, but wear on the corners relatively quickly

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
Look closely! hahaha
It could be because I switch straps all day. Especially as the bag gets filled up with a snack, a little knick knack and whatever I pick up along the way during the day, and if I change my mind about whether I want to wear it inside or outside my jacket. However as the name goes... I feel like we should be able to ANDIAMO without worrying about the leather wear. This is one reason why I'm considering a version with the chain strap.
Ok I just inspected very closely and there is some wear! Only on one side and the part that goes through the loops when crossbody so you can’t really see it.

I agree with you though. Tbh I really think this bag should be in calfskin. I saw someone with the green checkered andiamo (the checkered ones are made of calfskin) and I thought it seemed much nicer and more durable than mine. I wish they made solid colored ones in calfskin bc then I’d buy another in medium

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht