Alexander Skarsgård XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The full-frontal-scene will happen in episode 11. My colleague thinks it will be Alcide during his fight for the pack-leadership. :giggles:

Thanks for clearing that up:smile:

Do find it funny that other HBO-shows like GoT have no problem showing the peen, same with Sex and the City a while back. Same with the show Spartacus (not HBO but worth mentioning:roflmfao:), that one has even more nudity, I think at least 2 full frontals every episode (mostly girls though).
*Why am I talking about this, I feel like a perv*
Also think it's either gonna be Alcide or a character we have never seen before, like one of the creeps Hoyt hangs with (AH NO!). Didn't Joe already show off his goods in Magic Mike though? Remember a story about that, but haven't seen proof; still have to see the movie:graucho:

Thank you Santress! I sure did! :yahoo:

My friends and I ended up seeing Dark Knight Rises on Friday and thought it was AWESOME! I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan so I was impressed, yet again, with his performance :tup:

I'm praying to all things holy that it IS Alcide :loveeyes::dothewave:

Fingers crossed for you and my colleague that it's Joe. Although work will probably be very interesting the following day, if that would happen. :biggrin:

The religious line?

Tbh, that didn't shock me that much. Was typical Eric in the heat of the moment for me. Think it was necessary for upcoming storylines, it showed Eric isn't afraid to speak his mind and say what he really thinks (as usual being very subtle:roflmfao:), while Bill pretended to be nice and friendly but probably feels the same way. He was more manipulative, more trying to do damage-control.
Eric comes off as an open person, Bill as a manipulative someone who uses things to his advantage-blend in when people are excited about something (Lilith), kissing behind to save his own, etc.

Do find it pretty funny people are very shocked that Eric says the C-word, describing women in a not so friendly way. Find that odd since on TB a lot of women getting hurt/murdered/used as food/toys for pleasure, but they aren't bothered by that, but when Eric says c...nt the world explodes! :roflmfao:

I was more shocked when I saw Russell drinking from a kid in the bar-scene. Weird that I am not bothered by heads getting chopped off, but still find it shocking when kids are being hurt on screen :roflmfao:

Interesting article on all the religious/political metaphors used on TB:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-cole-miller/true-blood-*****-mask_b_1663604.html

Tbh, that didn't shock me that much. Was typical Eric in the heat of the moment for me. Think it was necessary for upcoming storylines, it showed Eric isn't afraid to speak his mind and say what he really thinks (as usual being very subtle:roflmfao:), while Bill pretended to be nice and friendly but probably feels the same way. He was more manipulative, more trying to do damage-control.
Eric comes off as an open person, Bill as a manipulative someone who uses things to his advantage-blend in when people are excited about something (Lilith), kissing behind to save his own, etc.

Do find it pretty funny people are very shocked that Eric says the C-word, describing women in a not so friendly way. Find that odd since on TB a lot of women getting hurt/murdered/used as food/toys for pleasure, but they aren't bothered by that, but when Eric says c...nt the world explodes! :roflmfao:

I was more shocked when I saw Russell drinking from a kid in the bar-scene. Weird that I am not bothered by heads getting chopped off, but still find it shocking when kids are being hurt on screen :roflmfao:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-cole-miller/true-blood-*****-mask_b_1663604.html

Not that religious scene/word, the line Patrick used.

I do find it funny that people are having coniptions about the 'c' word. Yeah, it's offensive, but I think it was used to show how fed up he is with the whole Lilith thing.

There are also complaints about showing the whole karaoke massacre scene, so soon after the TDKR premiere massacre.

Thanks for clearing that up:smile:

Do find it funny that other HBO-shows like GoT have no problem showing the peen, same with Sex and the City a while back. Same with the show Spartacus (not HBO but worth mentioning:roflmfao:), that one has even more nudity, I think at least 2 full frontals every episode (mostly girls though).
*Why am I talking about this, I feel like a perv*
Also think it's either gonna be Alcide or a character we have never seen before, like one of the creeps Hoyt hangs with (AH NO!). Didn't Joe already show off his goods in Magic Mike though? Remember a story about that, but haven't seen proof; still have to see the movie:graucho:

The full frontal will be Bud.

The song that played during the first scene in the Fae club was Sleep Isabella by Abney Park. I was able to get that CD (Lost Horizons) via InterLibrary Loan. Another song on the CD is Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll. One of the lyrics:

Here is Gaia, here is Eve, here is Lilith, and I stand before you as her father. Sprung fully-formed from my brow, dewy and sweet; she can be yours and yours again, for her flesh is the incorruptible pale to be excused from the wages of sin."

I cannot escape Lilith, apparently.
Lillith is everywhere/Lilith is everything, to steal from Mojo Nixon.

The religious line?

No, that's not it. Full frontal male nudity is pretty rare, tv or movies, so we have to announcements about it and everything, at least here in the States. :smile:

Also, I think it's supposed to be a later episode.

Yes, I was referring to the religious line.

My friends and I ended up seeing Dark Knight Rises on Friday and thought it was AWESOME! I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan so I was impressed, yet again, with his performance :tup:

Glad you enjoyed it Mik. It was good on a lot of levels. I love Tom Hardy and he was phenomenal as Bane, but both hubs and I were speculating he was on the juice to build up for that role. My other half does MMA and loved him in Warrior, and said that body could have been done with fitness and diet but the Bane physique - not so much. Whatever. A brilliant film and he really looked the part.

I wasn't shocked, just commenting on the reaction of a lot of people to the line. People need to remember this is not an after school special for politically correct language when faced with supernaturals. The language, whilst harsh..was helping to paint a picture of the character, ie Patrick. A distasteful character. True Blood has used harsh language before “f*****s, c****s, gash in a sundress” come to mind and I’ve never heard the same complaints. The language is used to demonstrate character.

I thought FreeSpirit referred to the "suicide"-line from Patrick? I read some "not funny!"-comments about that.

Yep, I was.

Edit: Not sure about the whole "announcing" full frontal nudity, but I assume like here, that there are ratings and warnings about 2 seconds before a program airs? For example we get a one screen shot that lists things that are contained in the show you're about to watch ie: Drug Use, Violence, Supernatural Themes, Nudity. It's no big deal and just more of a guide. It certainly doesn't stop nudity being aired here in Australia, full frontal or otherwise, it just goes to a slightly later time slot, the same with more violent shows.

As for the comments about TB's scene so soon after TDKR horror. People are fully aware of what True Blood is, HBO didn't suddenly decide to air that episode to coincide with the tragedy. People can always change the channel.

Edit2: I think Alex and Russell had the best lines last night. Denis O'Hare has such great screen chemistry. Alex's scenes were good, however short they may have been.

Last edited:
A couple of recaps for True Blood S05E07 "In The Beginning"

Collider
http://collider.com/true-blood-recap-season-5-episode-7/182732/

TelevisionWithoutPity
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/true-blood/in-the-beginning-1.php

TVLine (aka Michael Ausiello)
http://tvline.com/2012/07/22/true-blood-recap-season-5-episode-7/

Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joey-deangelis/true-blood-recap-in-the-beginning_b_1694364.html

Rolling Stone
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/true-blood-recap-human-nature-20120723

Edit: Sorry, lots to say today...with regards to action/violent movies etc making more money at the box office in the US than other genres. I have to say that's a broad brush to swing at any one country. Action movies make more money worldwide than any other. And as much as its easy to pigeon hole a society as being thirsty for that kind of film, I think the demographic of movie goers for those films needs a bit more examination. The target audience for those films is also the largest demographic of cinema-goers ie; 15-24 year olds.

On the upside...at the Oscar roundtable this year with George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron etc, one thing resonated with me. GC said that those big, dumb-azz films employ a lot of people in the industry and the money made by the studios filters back down to their smaller subsidiaries that allow for independent films to be made. So while we may not go and see all those balls-out action films, cinema-goers with a taster for more subtle and finely crafted cinema may, in fact, be benefiting from them. Food for thought.

Edit2: Thanks for the update Jooa...hopefully we get to see Alex bring his football fanboy persona out to play at a game :amuse:

Last edited:
Thanks, ladies, for all the updates and recaps!
The WSJ article interview with MichaMac was interesting.
It does make you wonder how long they'll continue with TB if he signed on for four more years.

From twitter:

Alex-Danielc.jpg

“Ahhhh ALEX SKARSGARD…. fun times filming buddy!. See u when I get back!”

(Source: DanielNewman @ twitter)

Santress, is that from The East or an earlier shot?

Nevermind. I've got him. He was on TVD and also appeared as a thug in TDKR. I just assume The East because of the scruff on Alex...lol. Apparently he's an avant garde artist, model et al.

Last edited:
Yes, I was referring to the religious line.

Glad you enjoyed it Mik. It was good on a lot of levels. I love Tom Hardy and he was phenomenal as Bane, but both hubs and I were speculating he was on the juice to build up for that role. My other half does MMA and loved him in Warrior, and said that body could have been done with fitness and diet but the Bane physique - not so much. Whatever. A brilliant film and he really looked the part.

I wasn't shocked, just commenting on the reaction of a lot of people to the line. People need to remember this is not an after school special for politically correct language when faced with supernaturals. The language, whilst harsh..was helping to paint a picture of the character, ie Patrick. A distasteful character. True Blood has used harsh language before “f*****s, c****s, gash in a sundress” come to mind and I’ve never heard the same complaints. The language is used to demonstrate character.

Yep, I was.

Edit: Not sure about the whole "announcing" full frontal nudity, but I assume like here, that there are ratings and warnings about 2 seconds before a program airs? For example we get a one screen shot that lists things that are contained in the show you're about to watch ie: Drug Use, Violence, Supernatural Themes, Nudity. It's no big deal and just more of a guide. It certainly doesn't stop nudity being aired here in Australia, full frontal or otherwise, it just goes to a slightly later time slot, the same with more violent shows.

As for the comments about TB's scene so soon after TDKR horror. People are fully aware of what True Blood is, HBO didn't suddenly decide to air that episode to coincide with the tragedy. People can always change the channel.

Edit2: I think Alex and Russell had the best lines last night. Denis O'Hare has such great screen chemistry. Alex's scenes were good, however short they may have been.

A couple of recaps for True Blood S05E07 "In The Beginning"

Collider
http://collider.com/true-blood-recap-season-5-episode-7/182732/

TelevisionWithoutPity
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/true-blood/in-the-beginning-1.php

TVLine (aka Michael Ausiello)
http://tvline.com/2012/07/22/true-blood-recap-season-5-episode-7/

Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joey-deangelis/true-blood-recap-in-the-beginning_b_1694364.html

Rolling Stone
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/true-blood-recap-human-nature-20120723

Edit: Sorry, lots to say today...with regards to action/violent movies etc making more money at the box office in the US than other genres. I have to say that's a broad brush to swing at any one country. Action movies make more money worldwide than any other. And as much as its easy to pigeon hole a society as being thirsty for that kind of film, I think the demographic of movie goers for those films needs a bit more examination. The target audience for those films is also the largest demographic of cinema-goers ie; 15-24 year olds.

On the upside...at the Oscar roundtable this year with George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron etc, one thing resonated with me. GC said that those big, dumb-azz films employ a lot of people in the industry and the money made by the studios filters back down to their smaller subsidiaries that allow for independent films to be made. So while we may not go and see all those balls-out action films, cinema-goers with a taster for more subtle and finely crafted cinema may, in fact, be benefiting from them. Food for thought.

Edit2: Thanks for the update Jooa...hopefully we get to see Alex bring his football fanboy persona out to play at a game :amuse:

We have ratings-like TV-MA (mature audiences) TV-S, sex, etc.

As for the massacre scene, unlike the Buffy episodes from the time around Columbine, the TB had no similiarties to Friday's attack. So I don't see the point of even editing it just a bit.

As for movie violence, it's sort of like movie sex, isn't it? Sometimes it's a lot, but relevant to the movie, and sometimes it's gratuitous and pointless. Is there violence in TDKR? Sure, but it's not as if it's on the level of, say, the Saw movies.

That is a good question, Free.
Daniel Newman, the tweeter of the pic, is not listed at IMDb for The East but they might not have the full cast up yet.
That looks like it might be another of Alex's friends, Ulrik von der Esch, in the photo.
Alex looks younger in the pic so it might be old.

I remember Daniel Newman once tweeted that Alex used to be his roommate.

Fan pic from the True Blood bowling tournament:

Alex-theberry.jpg

(Source: theberry.com)

With Mackinlee Waddell at The Avengers premiere (April 11, 2012):

Alex-suz.jpg

(Source: suzwaddell @ twitter)

Another gorgeous shot from Comic-Con 2012:

Alex-CC-grumpyimages.jpg

(Source: grumpyimages @ flickr)

There is a VIP lounge at Söderstadion. The guy from the fanshop (at the stadium) told me about it last year when I bought my t-shirt. They were holding some kind of fancy dinner for the (I guess) richer season ticket holders (or for the Hammarby board, I don't know) before the game. To which capacity this VIP lounge goes I don't know. I guess it doesn't go to the extent of a Wembley stadium VIP lounge.

Thanks for the explanation :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.