Ahoy polloi (an island for the masses)

Happy Wednesday, fellow Islanders! :sunshine:

In the past, whenever I’d gotten a new bag I’d employed the old “one in/one out” strategy. :idea:

And for the most part it was a sound strategy. :ok:

Until now. These days I can’t say I have any bag in my collection I’m willing to part with. :speedy:

Of course I could always stop buying more bags… :roflmfao:

Or take my cue from the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. :thinking:

So it follows that if 42 is the answer to the Ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything..

Who am I to quibble with the Universe? :whistle:

Happy Thursday, fellow Islanders! :wave:

Irony is never lost on me when it comes to bags. :rolleyes:

In 2023 LV updated its iconic Ellipse PM, offering a front zipper pocket and detachable crossbody strap option. :idea:

“Modern updates” a vintage bag hound such as myself would easily recognize. :search:

Toiling in obscurity (to all but its devotees) La tour eiffel (before the brand’s later demise) had designed its own take on the Ellipse many years ago. :thinking:

Offering a subtly two toned full leather version with a front zipper pocket and crossbody option (though I prefer handheld)… ;)

IMG_7071.jpeg

Good morning, fellow Islanders! :coolio:
Having unearthed this bag for yesterday’s pic, I wore it today while I was grocery shopping. :speedy:

IMG_7102.jpeg

Admittedly, not without some trepidation. Ordinarily I wear either a shoulder bag or crossbody when I’m braving the aisles before a major holiday. :panic:

Happily, wearing the bag on my arm while I was navigating my shopping cart was far easier than I’d thought. :tup:

Additionally, I felt far more secure standing in line waiting to cash out with the bag actually on my person. It was neither bumped by the cart behind me nor within easy reach of any misguided miscreant. :sneaky:

And even got me a wholly unsolicited offer by the bag boy to wheel my cart out to my vehicle for me! :happydance:

Good morning, fellow Islanders! :coolio:
Having unearthed this bag for yesterday’s pic, I wore it today while I was grocery shopping. :speedy:

View attachment 5974919

Admittedly, not without some trepidation. Ordinarily I wear either a shoulder bag or crossbody when I’m braving the aisles before a major holiday. :panic:

Happily, wearing the bag on my arm while I was navigating my shopping cart was far easier than I’d thought. :tup:

Additionally, I felt far more secure standing in line waiting to cash out with the bag actually on my person. It was neither bumped by the cart behind me nor within easy reach of any misguided miscreant. :sneaky:

And even got me a wholly unsolicited offer by the bag boy to wheel my cart out to my vehicle for me! :happydance:
I remember your Tour Eiffel bag, Fim.:smile::tup:
I am glad you decided to take it out and carry it on your arm while doing grocery shopping.
Personally it’s the way I am wearing mine these days. Contrary to what lots of ladies think, it’s as « hands free » as a shoulder or cross body bag ..:clap::clap:

I remember your Tour Eiffel bag, Fim.:smile::tup:
I am glad you decided to take it out and carry it on your arm while doing grocery shopping.
Personally it’s the way I am wearing mine these days. Contrary to what lots of ladies think, it’s as « hands free » as a shoulder or cross body bag ..:clap::clap:
I couldn’t agree more, Mariapia. :ghi5:

Truth be told, having the option to wear my top handle bags on my arm is why I prefer detachable crossbody straps. :speedy: