After my experiences with the Alexa, here's a reveal...

As some of you know, I tried to buy an Alexa during the pre-sale.
I ended up getting 6 of them, all with different issues (pictures have been posted in other threads, but included cuts in the leather, inking stains and one bag marked a sub).
The last bag was apparently picked by the head of group quality (or something like that), and it also had issues, so it was sent back and was checked over by a few people (one being the head of something else at Mulberry) and they offered me to come to the store in New Bond Street to buy a bag at the same price I would have paid for the Alexa.
At first, I wasn't massively bothered, but it was a generous offer and I thought I'd at least go there to see what they had to offer and have a good look at the new bags.

So I went there yesterday with my boyfriend - we had a nice day in London with late lunch (and cookies and eclairs from Fortnum's) and a little walk looking at shops.

He has had a Mulberry wash bag for years, but he wanted one with a handle and just one large room, and he wanted a new wallet because the old one looked a bit worn. He used to have a black NVT 8 card wallet (I think that's the model name) - this new one has the same layout and size, but is in the new leather and in oak with the white contrast stitching.
20160807_193919_zpsggaije3p.jpg

and
20160807_194502_zpsb72tv5nc.jpg

In case you're wondering about the colour of the new oak (natural grain leather - this one is print assisted as you can probably tell from the picture) compared to the old oak (NVT), here's the new wallet with the new wash bag and then there's my old Darwin oak Bays - it's over 10 years old so it has aged and darkened quite a bit:
20160807_194610_zpsdptrlhtu.jpg

Anyway, enough about his things!

I was offered any bag (except for haircalf and exotics) for the price I would have paid for the Alexa, which was very generous.
We were in the store for a long time, and I had a look at most of the bags, but nothing else really appealed to me - the Selwood is nice, but the strap is too short to wear cross-body and the inside of the bag was very scratched so it seemed too delicate for me. The smaller Bayswater Zip Tote was very nice as well, but again I found the strap too short to wear cross-body. I did have a look at some of the new bags, but I still prefer the old Mulberry bags and the older leather types.
I was told that the new print assisted leather (like the wallet above) is just the usual leather that has been stamped - but to me, it feels different - like it has been coated with something.

So, I decided to go for this one:
20160807_193138_zpslbwyb2jt.jpg

Bayswater Double Zip Tote in oxblood.

All in all, despite still being a bit disappointed with not getting the Alexa I initially wanted, I had a good experience in the store (the staff were just lovely and there were no issues or oddness about the whole situation) and we had a really nice day in London.

And wow, this post is longer than I expected...
CONGRATS princesspig!! All GREAT items & pics! That's quite an ordeal you went through (I'll have to look for your other thread/comments as I missed it) but you sure picked up 1 helluva bag!! The DZ is what I would buy next & your oxblood color is just beyond beautiful! ENjoy!! :yahoo:

Reactions: princesspig
I ended up getting 6 of them, all with different issues (pictures have been posted in other threads, but included cuts in the leather, inking stains and one bag marked a sub).
The last bag was apparently picked by the head of group quality (or something like that), and it also had issues, so it was sent back and was checked over by a few people (one being the head of something else at Mulberry) and they offered me to come to the store in New Bond Street to buy a bag at the same price I would have paid for the Alexa.
At first, I wasn't massively bothered, but it was a generous offer and I thought I'd at least go there to see what they had to offer and have a good look at the new bags.

So I went there yesterday with my boyfriend - we had a nice day in London with late lunch (and cookies and eclairs from Fortnum's) and a little walk looking at shops.

He has had a Mulberry wash bag for years, but he wanted one with a handle and just one large room, and he wanted a new wallet because the old one looked a bit worn. He used to have a black NVT 8 card wallet (I think that's the model name) - this new one has the same layout and size, but is in the new leather and in oak with the white contrast stitching.

and

In case you're wondering about the colour of the new oak (natural grain leather - this one is print assisted as you can probably tell from the picture) compared to the old oak (NVT), here's the new wallet with the new wash bag and then there's my old Darwin oak Bays - it's over 10 years old so it has aged and darkened quite a bit:

I was offered any bag (except for haircalf and exotics) for the price I would have paid for the Alexa, which was very generous.
We were in the store for a long time, and I had a look at most of the bags, but nothing else really appealed to me - the Selwood is nice, but the strap is too short to wear cross-body and the inside of the bag was very scratched so it seemed too delicate for me. The smaller Bayswater Zip Tote was very nice as well, but again I found the strap too short to wear cross-body. I did have a look at some of the new bags, but I still prefer the old Mulberry bags and the older leather types.
I was told that the new print assisted leather (like the wallet above) is just the usual leather that has been stamped - but to me, it feels different - like it has been coated with something.

All in all, despite still being a bit disappointed with not getting the Alexa I initially wanted, I had a good experience in the store (the staff were just lovely and there were no issues or oddness about the whole situation) and we had a really nice day in London.

and

Beautiful choice! After all the frustration, I hope you enjoy this bag.

Reactions: princesspig
Is yours the large dz?
I purchased the large DZ in two colors the year it came out. Unfortunately when I put all my things in it the weight was too much for me. So my daughter has both of those now and loves them. Which means I had to save and I purchased the neon blue one during the sale and now the grey . Absolutely love both of them!

It's the large one. It's the size of the classic Bayswater.
I found that the strap on the smaller one was too short for me to carry cross-body (and I'm quite short myself).

I agree about the strap on the small one. The larger one works as a cross body plus it holds all work items necessary. My favorite way of carrying my large one was to extend the arm straps and wear it on my shoulder.