After 4 days my Cotton Club Broke

I feel for u..
But I'm shocked to hear abt GST chain... I got to be careful with mine...

As for the cotton club.. (look like the cambon tote..rite?? with a zipper at the side??)
Colour is gorgeous...but the T-like chain hook...doesn't seem strong to me..

I would so mad if this happened to me, not all of us can afford Chanel bags and we save for months and then I have the bag break, I would definetly be very angry. Chanel is hiking up their prices and the bags are breaking, that is nuts. Spending over $1000 on a handbag I expect the bag to last me a lifetime.

Ohhh no - those pictures are not reassuring, that sucks Cal!! I would like to think it's an isolated incident, but if this has happened to two pfers, then I'm not so sure... I hope it isn't a design flaw, that would be very disappointing for a bag that costs $1995. I'm supposed to be picking up my bronze CC tote today, ahh, I don't know what to do now! :sad:

-Minal

Minal, I have to tell you that I adore this bag....so much so that I'd love to keep it. I really hope that these incidents are isolated because I think that it's a true beauty. I really wish they'd soldered the loops to prevent them opening - hopefully noone else will have this problem *crosses fingers*.

Thank you for posting the pics, Cal! That is EXACTLY what happened to my bag. I should have thought to take pictures but I was so upset I returned the bag the day it broke. I am now on day 5 with this new CC Tote and you can see how the rings are again starting to separate. Please note once again that the SA at Chanel weighed my bag when I brought it back and assured me that I was in no way overstuffing the bag.

Does anyone know if this is the first time Chanel has released a bag with this type of handle? This was my first Chanel purchase, so as you can imagine it has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Oh no...not another incident! :crybaby:

Does anyone know what Chanel would do if you aren't the original owner of the bag? I'm guessing the most they'd do is a repair, after seeing a copy of the receipt? :shrugs:

Hi Cal... I'm sure you do, and I'm sorry this happened to your bag! :sad: I'm going to NM today, and am supposed to purchase/pick up my bronze cotton club tote, but now I am having second thoughts, even though I really think the bag is beautiful. I'm going to scrutinize the loops for sure... maybe something else will catch my eye, I don't know.. :sad: I also hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else, it's bad enough that's it has happened to several pfers' totes!

OMG! Ok, that ticks me off; for the money we spend, that SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING! I received my Cotton Club last week; I am taking photos of the rings today and am going to keep a close eye on them. One problem and BACK it goes. Geez, how much do you have to spend to get quality workmanship? Sad, Chanel, sad.

I do want to put this out: Looking at them much closer, I take this as a design flaw. Why could they not use a bigger ring (such as the one on the GST) knowing people are going to carry more in this bag since it's a tote? Someone dropped the ball on this one.

I'm definitely no expert, but I'm thinking there's been at least one ligne before, but I have no idea if the connecting ring{s} were sautered closed or not.

Hmm... I picked up my bronze cotton club tote today (will post pics in a day or two!), and I didn't see any signs of this (I also told my SA about the concerns I have, and she seemed perplexed about it even being a possibility)! Of course, the pictures show the problem, and it obviously is possible, and has happened... and if I see any signs whatsoever of this, I will also have to bring it back! :sad: I really hope it won't come to that, because ITA with you Cal about loving it; it's gorgeous! :smile: I really do hope these incidents are few and far between, and that no one else experiences them!

I was rite...that's the bag I've seen..luv everything abt it...except for the lining (still bearable)...dun feel "comfortable with the end of the chain linked to the bag".

Thks cal for the pics..
This is definitely.."design" fault..got to delete this off from my wishlist.