Advice needed on ebay transaction

If you have not accepted the SCO, the seller will not be able to leave FB. What the seller is trying to do is called Circumvention of eBay fees. The seller will only get charged for the $99 instead of $205, should you accept the offer. This is clearly a violation of eBay policy and you have all the right to REPORT!

If the seller is new and what she said about not knowing how SCO works, then there is a possibility that when she send out the offers, she check marked all the bidders for the auction. Thus, multiples SCOs went out.

I think the best action now is to write back to the seller as mentioned in (A). Frankly, a negative FB hurts a seller more than a buyer and you can always reply to a seller's negative.

I am going through a terrible eBay experience myself now and the worst part is the item has already been paid for and shipped to me.

Good Luck to you!

I had accepted the SCO via ebay actually and then later on I received the email from the seller. Snapcat said that the seller wrote to her directly, so I don't think the seller "made a mistake" of sending out multiple SCO to all the bidders. Something just doesn't seem right, even though I do not want to speculate anything at this point. I will just write to the seller and see how things work out. Heck if she gives a neg feedback as you all pointed out, she has more to lose as the seller.

I am really sorry to read about the problem you have with the citta rosa ciao ciao. Hope things work out for you in the end.:yes:

Yeah she did email me directly... No buy it now ebay offers which was really weird... And she asked more than I bidded, also odd...

Let us know how everything works out.

Guess what?!!! The seller just emailed me with this message:

"The original winner of the auction has finally contacted me and has agreed to work out the sale. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I'll let you know if the original bidder does not follow through as promised."

OMG, what does she take me for? I am writing back to say that I do not want it anyway. But my concern is that there is this record in ebay system that I have accepted the SCO. Can this be undone?

I think she's only saying that because she doesn't want to let the bag go for $99. She's probably just going to try to post it back up on e-bay.

Can she even recant a second chance offer??

found this which might be useful (http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html)

"In the unfortunate event that you have an Unpaid Item, you can send a Second Chance Offer to any one of your non-winning bidders to try to complete your sale. Second Chance Offers can be created immediately after a listing ends for up to 60 days. Sellers should ensure that everything possible has been done to resolve the issue with the high bidder before sending a Second Chance Offer to another bidder."

which in this instance the seller obviously did not..

Okay that's really fishy... if she offered it to you with an official second chance offer, and you accepted it isn't that the same as a regular sale? You should totally report her to ebay... And I bet she's just trying to get out of the whole 99 dollar thing and say that the high bidder is buying it when I doubt there really was a high bidder, it was probably her or her friends. Geez!

IMO... Don't pay the $205.00!!

Second chance offers can only be sent as the highest amount you bid and I agree... why haven't they sold it to the other bidders? and if they did how many bags do they have?

If they're asking for more it's not going to be covered by eBay and there's a chance you'll be scammed. If she (or he) really wants to sell it at that price they can do a BIN auction. If they're trying to save on fees then I guess I understand but still. You're protected less. Paypal might be able to cover you but yeah with eBay you're covered up to $200 on all paypal auctions and up to $2000 for verified sellers. You'd have to send a separate payment for the additional $$ also if you do pay by paypal for the bag and that'll be outside of eBay.

I'd ask if she would relist it w/ a BIN Private Auction and then you'd buy it IMO

Guess what?!!! The seller just emailed me with this message:

"The original winner of the auction has finally contacted me and has agreed to work out the sale. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I'll let you know if the original bidder does not follow through as promised."

OMG, what does she take me for? I am writing back to say that I do not want it anyway. But my concern is that there is this record in ebay system that I have accepted the SCO. Can this be undone?

I just think you should just report her! Shes not supposed to be working "out" of the sale...just so she can avoid ebay fees!

OMG!!! Was that the Foresta MM I was looking at like a week ago? I am so glad that I didn't bid on it b/c I saw the seller had bought 2 Foresta MM on evil-bay and then reselling one: check auction # 150119410201 & 110129003825, now it became really obvious that she was shill bidding and there's no way that she would let go of that Foresta MM for $99 :wtf:The seller is definitely fishy and lying :cursing:

I am the Foresta MM CSI - absolutely :nuts:about Foresta MM and have to track down all of them :graucho:

OMG!!! Was that the Foresta MM I was looking at like a week ago? I am so glad that I didn't bid on it b/c I saw the seller had bought 2 Foresta MM on evil-bay and then reselling one: check auction # 150119410201 & 110129003825, now it became really obvious that she was shill bidding and there's no way that she would let go of that Foresta MM for $99 :wtf:The seller is definitely fishy and lying :cursing:

I am the Foresta MM CSI - absolutely :nuts:about Foresta MM and have to track down all of them :graucho:

I knew that she bought 2 foresta MMs coz she I was eyeing both but she beat me to them. So I was quite happy that she decided to sell one of them later on but then the price went to high so I didn't match the bids. Come to think of it, lucky thing I didn't. So she bought this MM at $199.99 and is now trying to recover her cost. Anyway, I have written to her but no reply from her yet. Probably she is now trying to figure out on how to get out of the SCO which I have accepted.:hrmm: