Advice for my first VCA Purchase

Hello,

I wanted to purchase my first VCA piece as it’s to commemorate our anniversary.
Can anyone offer some advice please?
Firstly the piece will be worn for special occasions and not every day use.
I have black hair and have tanned skin.

My first choice is malachite stone bracelet, but I’m worried about the delicate stones.
So thinking maybe malachite pendant?

My other potential choice is earrings in malachite or MOP, but I have small ear lobes so vintage sized might be too big. Which leaves only MOP in sweet size - how does MOP hold up for earrings? I’m leaning towards white gold as platinum/silver shades looks better on my skin tone.

Any advice for a first timer please?
Thank you ❤️

My SA once told me that they call malachite pendants “sweater pendants”, because the stone is literally so fragile, it’s one you don’t even want to touch your skin. That being said, I know many people try to wear malachite casually, but I would honestly avoid the stone altogether due to its ultra-delicate reputation. However… it’s a beautiful stone and you do want a special-occasion piece, so it could work… but it only comes in YG. If you prefer WG, have you ever considered chalcedony? It ranks 7 on the mohs scale (much stronger than MOP!) and has a beautiful, iridescent baby blue hue (almost periwinkle). It comes exclusively in WG. I think MOP sweet earrings are also a great option! As long as you don’t shower in them or have your hair wet while they’re on, there shouldn’t be too much of an issue (: The sweet alhambra earrings also come in WG with diamonds, which would probably be the most durable option, but those are definitely a different look than the semi-precious stone pieces!

Congratulations on your first piece from VCA! Make sure to keep us updated on what you decide!

Last edited:
Hello,

I wanted to purchase my first VCA piece as it’s to commemorate our anniversary.
Can anyone offer some advice please?
Firstly the piece will be worn for special occasions and not every day use.
I have black hair and have tanned skin.

My first choice is malachite stone bracelet, but I’m worried about the delicate stones.
So thinking maybe malachite pendant?

My other potential choice is earrings in malachite or MOP, but I have small ear lobes so vintage sized might be too big. Which leaves only MOP in sweet size - how does MOP hold up for earrings? I’m leaning towards white gold as platinum/silver shades looks better on my skin tone.

Any advice for a first timer please?
Thank you ❤️
I have a Malachite pendant and the reason I got it because to me it was the most beautiful one as the green color is so striking. I have had it for 1.5 years and it still looks brand new. You would be very safe with either Malachite or MOP earrings because, unlike a bracelet or a ring, they would not be touching, banging, or scratching too many surfaces. Earrings and pendants are very safe for soft stones. I also have a sweet Alhambra MOP pendant with zero issues as well. I strongly recommend you visit a store and try them on.

My advice, for tanned skin, is to go with white gold. I think white gold looks best on tanned skin, the contrast looks stunning and it makes the piece pop. So, I think a white gold MoP would look best. I did the same and the white gold really just pops, especially during the summer.

I love the MOP, it looks stunning on most skin tones. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of malachite and I'd look at malachite in person before buying it. I thought the stones looked almost like plastic, not nearly as deep or beautiful as they appear online. It could've been just the stones I saw, other may have more depth, but I saw two 5 motif bracelets in malachite and didn't love either. I have the MOP sweet earrings with yellow gold and love them, very comfortable to wear because they're flat backed. I don't shower in them just to be cautious. If you're looking for something you can safely wear 24/7, there's a sweet Alhambra rose gold earring set that's very cute. Best wishes!