Ace Satchel 28 Reveal

melpomeni

a.k.a. Mandy!
O.G.
May 5, 2012
Hey everyone :smile:

It sure has been a long while since I've done a reveal thread (and I don't think I ever did one for Coach either!) but this particular bag is just too awesome not to show ya'll.

The story starts with my parents taking a trip to San Francisco for a conference. During their stay they happened to swing by the Coach store on Post St. and my mom, thinking ahead to my graduation from grad school this spring, thought to get me a gift. They happened to have the very lovely Tea Rose Applique saddle bags in the store and she got one. It was sent to my home here in Texas and, while the bag is really unique and unlike anything else I have in my bag collection...it wasn't meant to be and I didn't fall in love with it.

Fast forward to earlier this week, I went into my local Coach store to do an exchange and I settled on the Ace Satchel 28 in Black even though it wasn't in the store to look at (I am not a huge fan of suede). I was a little unsure on how the bag would turn out but I'm happy to report that it blew me out of the water, especially THAT LEATHER! :graucho:

I'll let the photos do more of the talking~

IMG_0899_zpsbreka4dl.jpg

IMG_0901_zpstxuro15c.jpg

IMG_0902_zpscryt8fpu.jpg

IMG_0903_zpssutegubl.jpg

IMG_0904_zpsvvgb50ms.jpg

IMG_0905_zpst4hsr4wl.jpg

IMG_0906_zpshtekcugc.jpg

(more photos inc!)

IMG_0907_zpssefvo9iz.jpg

IMG_0912_zps8njfys2x.jpg

IMG_0914_zpssnnkj83p.jpg

IMG_0910_zpskcetyq7m.jpg

Interior shot; not very good I admit. All lined in glovetanned leather with a button snap pocket and a zipper pocket.

IMG_0911_zpsfv7nu6xt.jpg

IMG_0915_zpsowjtdqnu.jpg

All the goodies that come shipped with the bag. A little care booklet and warranty card, a book about the Coach 1941 line, a thank you card explaining a little about the bag, etc. & the return labels if needed.

IMG_0916_zpsezpaenol.jpg

Overall I think the Ace 28 is a great medium sized bag with fantastic nappa leather. The only grievance I have is that the dust bag it comes with is too small (thankfully though I received a spare larger silk bag from the store at my request). Otherwise I am very happy with my Ace :3

Last edited: