A thought; Hermes vs. LV; your thoughts?

you can just go to hermes and find a birkin, it really depends of the SA, some dont like to offer the bags to clients they dont know, if you arent really picky on the one you want it cna be a matter of weeks/months before you get it. the custom orders are different though you need to be refered by a SA to be put on a list, from their you pick all you custom trimmings/ leathers colours etc. to create what is ment to be your own unique bag, in an hermes style

I would really like to own a Birkin bag one day but I don't think now is a suitable time because I'm still a student and it would look too "flash" on me and screams out "Hey, I have a lot of money!". Oh yes, and did I tell you guys that I cannot afford one? :lol:

I think the best time for me to get it is if I'm sitting on a steady managerial position and earning buckets of money...or if I'm lucky enough to find a DH who earns a lot $$$ :roflmfao:

These two brands can't be compared to each other I think. Both brands do make gorgeous bags, but are so different in style.
The problem with Hèrmes is that they are so :cursing: expensive. I hate that!

I have 3 LVs and one Hermes bag. I love all of them. The Hermes is all handmade and therefore more costly. But I do feel that LVs are just as well made, just not entirely handmade. I have to say LV has much better customer service and for that reason I am not shopping at Hermes anymore. (Had another bad experience today at H and it was the last straw!) I'll just get my scarves at NM. I am sticking to Goyard and LV for bags. :flowers:

I was never all that impressed with Hermes until I saw a lovely apple-green Birkin at the aquarium, of all places. It was just stunning. Unfortunately there is no way I could justify paying Hermes prices at this point in my life.

I have 3 LVs and one Hermes bag. I love all of them. The Hermes is all handmade and therefore more costly. But I do feel that LVs are just as well made, just not entirely handmade. I have to say LV has much better customer service and for that reason I am not shopping at Hermes anymore. (Had another bad experience today at H and it was the last straw!) I'll just get my scarves at NM. I am sticking to Goyard and LV for bags. :flowers:

What happened?!...Can you share?

I had one LV Speedy 30 and it was lovely, but as soon as I owned my first Hermes bag, that was it--I was hooked. Now that I have my dream Birkin, I am even more obsessed. The craftmanship of my bag is truly amazing (since it takes one craftsman/craftswoman 18 hours to make one bag by hand) compared with the LV bag that I had, so I'll stick to Hermes :love:

when i grow up, i'd like to own a large travel HAC/Birkin :love:

one major Hermes bag would be enough for me... but to Louis Vuitton i remain loyal for life :yes:

exactly the same duck!!! lol only atm im leanding towards a travel Kelly becuase it can be a messanger or a handheld, birkins are either handheld or shoulder, i would never wear it on my shoulder so a kelly would be more practical! only problem is the $$$, Im saving for a BIG purchase next (to me anyway) so I promised my self i will not buy anything else (more that $200 ;)) untill i get either a luggage kelly/birkin (which i highly doubt) or a LV beauty case. so either way it off to work for me for a couple of years! :supacool:, :yucky:, :crybaby:

i like hermes because i dont see it alot, and its very good craftsmanship. i like the birkin, bolide, plume, and their agendas. and the beran wallet, and the twillys.... i love their variety of colors and leathers...

hermes is not just about status, if you go up to someone and ask if they know what the bolide or the plume is, wut do you think there answer is gonna be? im 15 and i love their bags... my hands are gonna be on my moms birkin in a few years (maybe months)

but when you carry around you lv its like blah, dont get mee wrong i love lv, its just some people said status goes only with a hermes bag.

Sorry Miss, but hermes is all about the status bag, yes some designs are not as popular as the kelly/birkin but thats a major reason why they sell so much. their style is recognisable (to those who are aware of the house and it;s products) and that is exactly what samantha says on the birkin episode of SATC she describes the birkin as 'it's the bag that says you 've made it" (or similar)