A Tale About a Blue Jean 35cm Hermes Birkin!

Although, I think if your credit card gets declined, the SA could still give you a possibility to pay the next day while you settle what's wrong with your credit card or you can go to a bank and get the money. Sometimes, it's not even your credit, sometimes there is just an error with the credit card company. It can also be for safety reasons that the credit card company thinks someone has stolen your card.

I do want to keep one for myself, but my dream is the golden color or the brown. Also, I don't have the money to keep one now. My time has not yet arrived.

I hope you all don't look down on me for buying it to sell. It is how I am surviving (just barely) now. I graduated from UCLA cum laude with a degree in English last year, however I immediately dove into a love for handbags, learning about them, finding them. It gives me pleasure to find something for someone or sell something to someone who has been searching and searching. I think it is only right that I ask a reasonable "finders fee". And selling on ebay is not all money and glory. Like any small business just starting out there is so much financial loss and then one successful sale that just keeps you afloat every once and a while. I don't know how they do it, the professionals like personalshoppers. But I am trying to learn. It is even harder to compete with all the fakes. It kills me to see people unknowingly or even knowingly buy a fake bag. I wish ebay had more controls. Anyway, every bag I get I do so lovingly, checking for flaws as if it was for myself. Anyway, just thought you should know that all ebay sellers are not so awful.

La Vanguardia said:
Although, I think if your credit card gets declined, the SA could still give you a possibility to pay the next day while you settle what's wrong with your credit card or you can go to a bank and get the money. Sometimes, it's not even your credit, sometimes there is just an error with the credit card company. It can also be for safety reasons that the credit card company thinks someone has stolen your card.

I agree with that. However I think that if it was not me, it would have been someone else to buy it. I have customers on ebay who are nowhere near a Hermes store. So I hope I got it for someone who does not even have the chance to go in, which I think is worse than having your card declined.

gigi leung said:
Quirkycool, I share your sentiments.

I wish the woman who bought the bag is Baggaholic...:hrmm:
OMG! You guys love me so much I can see, but no it wasn't me! But I have incredible new's you'll find out tomorrow! There is a BJ Birkin at my hermes store and as soon as the sales rep calls me I'm there!!!! I have complete faith that this one is mines for the taking!!!!!!!!! I will post mor tomorrow, PLEASE CROSS YOUR FINGERS LADIES!!!!!!!

gigi leung said:
Quirkycool, I share your sentiments.

I wish the woman who bought the bag is Baggaholic...:hrmm:
I know it is better to have children of your own, but when you can't you adopt. Like Charlotte on Sex in the City. Except its a bag. I don't know what price I will be asking. Just enough to cover fees and then a finders fee. I am not a Feregie (Star Trek money grubbing beast).

birkinbaby said:
I'd bet Hermes gets declined credit cards a lot. These credit card companies are very careful and very few people charge $8000 in one shot. Also, probably a lot of people are maxed out on their cards. You really need good credit to charge $8000.
I don't have to worry about that, I have cash to spend!! Yee-Haw!!! There is now way in hell that I will charge this kind of purchase! Like my husband tought me, if you don't have the cash right there and then, then there is no reason to put yourself in debt for the bag, by the time your finished paying your bag will be almost 11k with the interests. He;s completely right.

Well, I am so intimidated by Hermes that I am afraid to go in! I have only talked to them on the phone. Obviously if I get some -----( fill in whatever word you feel is appropriate), I might be able to try it.
Has anyone been to Hermes at King of Prussia Mall in PA?
If so let me know what your experience was like.

fendigal said:
Well, I am so intimidated by Hermes that I am afraid to go in! I have only talked to them on the phone. Obviously if I get some -----( fill in whatever word you feel is appropriate), I might be able to try it.
Has anyone been to Hermes at King of Prussia Mall in PA?
If so let me know what your experience was like.
They were very nice and pleasant to work with. I love Janice she's a doll. Hope she still works there!

Baggaholic said:
OMG! You guys love me so much I can see, but no it wasn't me! But I have incredible new's you'll find out tomorrow! There is a BJ Birkin at my hermes store and as soon as the sales rep calls me I'm there!!!! I have complete faith that this one is mines for the taking!!!!!!!!! I will post mor tomorrow, PLEASE CROSS YOUR FINGERS LADIES!!!!!!!
Baggaholic, this is great! :nuts: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...Please keep us posted! :smile: