A big, fat change of heart...

^^^Fleur, very funny:roflmfao:

GF, perhaps you would prefer a 28cm. Not in the suitcase brigade with that size. I have one in orange doblis, yummy! Very practical with the zipper, but not for the suede:smile: I think it is a formal bag because of the shape, but if you did it in togo in red or a color it would be less so. Might look great in vert anis!!

Oh, I'm thinking a neutral...or WHITE!

There's no way around it though...it still looks like a Lawn Bowls bag, it's just that MY tastes are changing, and I LIKE that look, now - LMAO!!

In fact, it originally was a bag designed to carry around folded horse blankets. They still make the larger sizes, I'm told. They called it the Plume, because it's meant to be light as a feather.

LOL about the camera bag; even the "dog carrier" description didn't thwart me, but it's not for everyone.

I love the Plume's functionality, structure, and the lady-like handles; maybe in a 28cm I think for you?

OK. I don't like the Plume. It reminds me of an old Ladies Bowling Bag.

I went to ask my Plumes whether they thought they were right for you, but their feelings are hurt and they refuse to give out personal information. They are particularly resentful of the comparison to bowling bags, since they have always thought they had slender, streamlined shapes. The reference to old ladies further upset them, since they see themselves as sleek, modern, chic and young.

FDL!!! LOL -- this is too funny -- ;)

^ yep....O are yours regular or Elans?

Sadly, I do not own a Plume yet, but it's on my list if I can find the "ding ding ding" combo for leather, size, and color; the one time I came close, Shopmom actually did some DIS-abling and thought it looked too boxy on me, and suggested a 28cm or the Elan instead. It was a 32cm in Rouge VIF Fjord. :heart:

OK. I don't like the Plume. Everyone knows that. It reminds me of an old Ladies Bowling Bag (Lawn Bowls, sort of like pettanque (sp?).

I tried on an etoupe Victoria FT last week - far too chunky on me, but I'd like a bag that fits that bill: you know, discreet, good volume, fits over the shoulder......

*#%$!!!!. I think I need a Plume!

Please tell me, Girls, there is a 28 and a 32, correct? And the Elan? Plume lovers, is this a GF bag, afterall???????????:wtf::nuts:

I totally feel yah with vicky FT! tried it on and thats what Ive thought too...it was a very good candidate but too chunky under the arm even thou its squishy:sweatdrop:

I dont know about your built...but after that trying on thing...Ive thought of plume elan....but the store does not have one available....price wise, it still vicky FT:tup:

does the Elan have longer handles? ie: because it's longer and shorter, the handles are therefore longer? Or am I talking crap again?

No, the Elan's handles are short, they go nicely up to the elbow but no way on the shoulder. It's a smaller scale, great from day to evening.

It's always so exciting to find a new style you want to try! Go GF!!

Go try it on GF cos it's the only way you know.

I'm the opposite of you. The Hermes that I really truly lusted over was the Plume. It was the first bag I wanted, way over the Birkin and the Kelly. (I must be a frumpster at heart.) I loved it for its elegance and discretion.

The only thing was that my heart came down to earth really fast and with a crashing thud when I tried the Plumes on (regular and Elan). They just didn't look right on me. Sob! I'd probably give my first born to look good with a Plume.

But not Vert Anis, 'cause you have that. And not Caramel, 'cause you have that. And not Natural Chamonix, 'cause you have that too..........hmmmmmmm....what? what? what?

What color for our GF?????

Oh, I'm thinking a neutral...or WHITE!

I think the Plume in white is very chic and modern. I copied a picture from the Asian Women & Birkins thread of a young woman with a white Plume. When I first saw this picture I wanted to run to the store and buy one immediately. I don't trust myself around white though but I love this bag. I think you would look so elegant with a white Plume.

IMG_3742.jpg

But not Vert Anis, 'cause you have that. And not Caramel, 'cause you have that. And not Natural Chamonix, 'cause you have that too..........hmmmmmmm....what? what? what?

What color for our GF?????

Black box. So elegant. That's the one I set my heart on. Very Catherine Deneuve in Belle du Jour.