7/3/09 ARCHIVE: Authenticate This Hermes Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I go to an event and I come back and have missed the fun. Hot tubs, champagne,
gorgeous men and rose dragee mary janes, just please not the gorgeous men IN the rose dragee mary janes......
Always on the lookout for AUTHENTIC Hermes....one never knows when a treasure will turn up.....

LOL! It works for some folks:smile:

thanks so much gracekelly! do you know what the color is called? and how do i know what size it is? i believe it is the 35 cm. i'm sorry i am very uneducated on hermes and know that this must be annoying :confused1:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks so much gracekelly! do you know what the color is called? and how do i know what size it is? i believe it is the 35 cm. i'm sorry i am very uneducated on hermes and know that this must be annoying :confused1:
also any idea of what it is worth? i am trying to buy a home and need some extra money for the down payment...
thanks again!

Try using a ruler. Look on the reference thread where the blues are displayed. We don't price bags for you so that you can sell them. Don't try to sell in a post, it is against the tPF rules.

Hello:biggrin:

Is this Hermes Birkin authentic?

Here are the pictures- thank you soo much for your help!
hermes_1-1.jpg

hermes81.jpg

hermes61.jpg

hermes51.jpg

hermes7.jpg

hermes4-1.jpg

hermes3-1.jpg

Best wishes, Gabi

also any idea of what it is worth? i am trying to buy a home and need some extra money for the down payment...
thanks again!

NOELLECFI, the size of this bag is the bottom length in cm....So you have to take that measurement to know the size for sure. It might be 31 or 35/37. My guess from the picture is a 31.
Then it would be useful to find the blindstamp so you'll konw the age of this bag.You shouldfind a circled letter at the back side of the trapeze tab at the end of the zipper , ( not the lozange, the other one)...I would personally date the bag from the mid 90's..

I believe the color is blue saphir.

This is a discontinued item, so the amount you can get from it will highly depend on the demand . If you take nice clear pictures and if you put together a good listing on ebay, you might get top $$$ from this beauty.

Good luck !

Last edited:
Hi! I think this hasn't been posted (went 20 pages back).

Item: Picotin
Listing #:4499985
Seller:hermesqueens
Link: http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/HermesQueens/items/HERMES_Picotin_PM_Raisin_Leather_Handbag_Purse_Bag
Comment: Thank you!

and seems like the same bag, same seller but different name and waterstamp. Is this the same person?

Item: Picotin
Listing #: 180367632002
Seller:makacio
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180367632002&viewitem=&salenotsupported
Comment: Thank you!

picotins are notoriously easy to fake, and i wouldn't touch this one for the following reasons:
  1. the bonanzle listing says she's in CO, but her website and the ebay listing show her actually located in indonesia. one telling blatant untruths isn't high on my list of sellers to trust;
  2. the listing says the bag is chevre and goes on to describe how chevre different from clemence and togo. the bag is clemence, and i'm not sure even an honest seller who can't tell the difference would be able to identify a fake;
  3. ebay feedback shows this seller generally deals in guitar parts ~ of course everyone starts their hermes sales somewhere, but lack of prior sales is certainly a risk factor.

Kindly be reminded to everyone to post requests (Ebay items' authentication) using the required format below:

Item:
Listing #:
Seller name:
Link:
Comment:

For non-Ebay authentication requests, kindly refer to page 1 of this thread for required details of pictures you need to enclose with your requests:

NOTE: In the absence of an auction listing (private sale situations), posters to this thread are encouraged to provide the following extra pictures, which need to be large and really sharp. It is recommended to use the macro function of the camera:

- Front view of bag
- Zipper & its end
- Hardware
- Craftsman stamp on strap
- Hermes stamp + Top stitching
- Clear picture of the interior lining
- Base of the handles
- Side view of the strap guides

Status
Not open for further replies.