30's Not a girl but not a grownup

I'm 35 and I still shop in the junior section....of course, I buy the tasteful clothes. I wear skinny jeans and blazers or some kind of jacket mostly. I think it's fine as long as you're wearing tasteful clothing. I still like to be on trend.

Hasn't happened to me, yet! When I go out with DD I always get the "NO, way, she is not your daughter. How old are you?", I am 27 and she is 9 and almost mi size now, but this happened to my poor hubby once or twice already, we were at Subway and the cashier kept looking at me, another day he was there by himself and she asked for me, he said oh mi wife is at home, and she said "your wife? How old is she? he said she made him feel like an old man dating a underage girl, come on he is only 29!!!! I get carded all the time too.

If it's about the clothing thing, if you like it, please wear it! (Unless it's something completely shocking of course ;)) My mother is 47 and I actually steal her tops and shoes! And that's not because I dress like a 50 yr old ;)

But when we're talking about age and mistakes... I was shopping etc with my dad once, and this old friend of him came up to us, and he asked him if I was his girlfriend!
Ewww, I felt a bit grossed out after that... :yucky:

OK, I understand your pain, but just consider this as an accident...she didn't pay attention and that's all. Now if you don't feel like a grown up at 34, that's strange, but being a grown up doesn't mean you have to be all serious and boring !! You can still act immature and be crazy !!
When I was 21 I discovered that ppl at 30 were still cool, young and going out to clubs, now at almost 30 I discovered that women at 40 can have a family, 3 kids at home and still be able to dance like crazy till 3 am and joke around at work parties for instance, and so on....
Now I also feel mentally younger than what I see in the mirror, and when I see the birthdate of the friends I hang out with I get a shock !!!But who cares, as long as you are happy with yourself, of course there is nothing more pathetic/trashy than a 50 yo dressing like a 18 yo, but we are all guilty of keeping up with much younger trends ! (I shop in places marketed 15-25 lol)

oh, i am SO GLAD I am not the only one! i turned 30 this year and thought, somehow, that that number would carry with it some import of maturity/wisdom/grown-upness that i haven't felt at all! i even still have a stuffed animal in my bed :shame: which my bf kicks off every night.

you know what, though? even though i FEEL like a teenager, i'm a lot less insecure and i care so much less what other people think than i did when i actually WAS a teenager... adulthood is so liberating!

One of my DD's friends was with her little sister, and someone asked if she was her daughter. The little sister is in 3rd grade, but get this --- my DD's friend is only 16!! How's that for depressing!

A few years back I was with my bf's younger sis at a food court... I ordered at a place and then the guy asks me if she is my daughter! Mo was about 12 at the time, so I was about 20 :O

I get alot of different reactions too...so I dont take it personally.

Some say I look young and some dont.....it really varies and honestly, dont phase me. How I feel is more important, especially as I age, its all about me rather than others as in the younger days....and like some ladies have commented.....it feels good to be confident and focused with age.....

God, me too! i', almost 30 but people often thought i'm 22 because i look younger and i dress whatever i want too. so sometimes i still wear torn jeans or baby doll dresses with cute prints. and honestly, i think sometimes i act like a kid too :P
don't feel like marries yet, but often thought how long should i wait? i'll be pretty old when my kids grew up in their teenage years.
it's an horrible feeling sometimes.

LemonDrop, I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am 35, never married, no kids. I forget that I'm 35. When I will work with people who are my age and younger and have three kids and a mortgage I swear I feel like I'm half their age. I forget that I'm actually supposed to be a mature adult. What is funny is that I started college when I was 16 and also had a full-time job. I grew up really fast and people always thought I was older. Now it's the opposite.

OH my God I could have wrote this post, I feel the same way, I'm turning 30 in January, and I don't "feel" grown up, I still like to keep up with trends but have my own "spin" on it. I get told all the time that I look so young etc. Now I have children, and I had my first daughter very young, so people are always shocked when they find out she's my daughter, and they say we look like sisters or cousins. My boss said he didn't even KNOW I had kids until I brought them to my job to pick up my check. I don't want to dress older and frumpy either. My sister is 40 and she looks exactly the same as when she did when she was 20. Hasn't gained an ounce and dresses very trendy, and both my nephews are big teenagers, 19 and 15. When men approach her they are shocked to find out she has two big teens, and they always think my oldest nephew is her boyfriend. I say wear what you like, and the whole thing about not caring what people think at this age is soo true. Another thing I notice I do, I love watching cheesy movies that take place in High schools (mean girls, the hot chick etc..)or College, especially College movies, Van Wilder etc.. maybe because I'm still going for my degree I don't know. I still feel like I could relate to them for some reason...

I'm turning 30 this year....so I feel ya! I go to college with all these young kids....so I still feel really young....but I know I'm a grown up too (but I don't wanna be!!!!)!!! I'm really anticipating this upcoming birthday....not sure if I'll feel any different or not....

I want to be a grownup. Hell, considering that I've lived through more than half of the 1970's and beyond, being perceived as too much younger...unless based solely on my looks...tee hee...would be terrible. I should be mature enough that people can tell I'm not very young by the way I carry myself. My mom is 60yrs old, wears a size 4 and has legs like Tina Turner and skin pretty much like mine. I'm hoping I've inherited those genes! She's a bodybuilder and she is awesome because she looks like she's in her late 30's. She wears a mini skirt better than most young girls. That's what I aspire to! My mother had a cosmetologist in her salon that people thought was really young. I realized that it wasn't her face. She actually looked her age, which was late 30's. She acted really immature and dressed like a teen. Trendy to me doesn't mean dressing like my 16yr old cousin.