3 medium flaps one too many or a jumbo?

Jul 18, 2011
Hi all! I’d like to add another classic flap to my collection. I currently own 2 medium flaps which I love. The size and capacity are perfect for my needs. However it feels extremely redundant to purchase a 3rd. 3 of the same size bag in my collection is just not my style lol. I’ve owned every size reissue and sold them all. I’m just not a reissue gal. I’ve also owned square & rectangular minis. Neither worked for me. I’ve yet to try a small or jumbo flap. I’m worried a small would be too small for me and I wouldn’t grab for it. I’ve found that if I can’t carry my necessities in a bag it just frustrates me and sits. I do not live near a Chanel so no option to try any other sizes on. I’m seriously considering a jumbo double flap caviar. I’m a mom of 2 so I’d like durability. Is the jumbo double flap REALLY that heavy? My 5 year old is 65lbs so I’m used to heafty lifting :lol: If you’re a jumbo lover please share some encouragement lol. Mods feel free to merge if this fits better in another thread.

These 2 threads may help!

• Love
Reactions: forgetmenot301
I feel like if a size works well for your needs, why mess with perfection? I also don't like too many repeats of the same design but if it works well then I do it, especially in different colors or leathers.
Very true! The two I own are extremely different chevron taupe calfskin with pewter hardware & navy caviar with light gold hardware. So maybe I need to do a bright color with gold hardware or even black in medium :tup:

If the medium works great for you, you might be happiest with it in a different color/leather/HW combination! It is a classic for a reason, and adding another color is different enough for variety. I don't see that as redundant.

I also love my black caviar jumbo with silver HW, though. For me, it is a forever bag in terms of classic, durable, and beautiful.

Jumbo “ looks “ like maxi, if 5’7 and taller might be great looking
I agree the jumbo looks huge on petite people. But it’s totally a vibe! I’m 5’6 but have a long torso so I don’t think it would over power me. I’m more worried about the weight for practicality. We will see! It’s a bag that always been on my “to buy list” so not sure I’ll ever get it out of my head until I buy it lol

Reactions: onlyk
I am a person who loves variety. That said, I have had so many LV Speedys, in so many colors and leather and canvas and every size, that I have lost count. So, I am no help either way.

Good luck!
At one point in my life, I owned 12 limited edition print Neverfulls. :whut: I finally realized how ridiculous I was because I hate carrying the NF because of the awful straps, and sold them all.

• Wow
Reactions: BreezyE
I am a person who loves variety. That said, I have had so many LV Speedys, in so many colors and leather and canvas and every size, that I have lost count. So, I am no help either way.

Good luck!

At one point in my life, I owned 12 limited edition print Neverfulls. :whut: I finally realized how ridiculous I was because I hate carrying the NF because of the awful straps, and sold them all.
You two are making me feel better about potentially owning 3 medium flaps :lol: