3 Chanels or 1 Kelly?

Molls said:
Baggaholic, it was YOUR vert anis bolide (or is it chartruse) that pushed me over the edge into wanting one.

As for finances, there's no problem there but I also want to be practical as well. I can't imagine buying 3 chanels and 2 kelly's as my husband just might pop a vein, and that wouldn't be good. I want to tread slowly with Hermes ;).

It is Chartruse. Don't worry, men know quality, when he see's the difference he won't tell you but he'll know. Just be easy, if I got my stubborn, hard headed penny pinching Italian husband into liking Hermes I beleive any woman can!

Kellybag said:
Molls...all the PHH-s have vein poppage at times...you just have to figure out the way to work him slowly!!! That's all you baby.

I'm definitely going into the realm of Hermes s-l-o-w-l-y :lol:. He knows I want one or two but he also knows how much they cost :Push:. I wouldn't have problems buying, let's say, two a year, but more than that and his vein will definitely explode and I really want to keep the peace :angel:.

dianagrace, thank you for the link :flowers:. I definitely want a 37cm bolide. Also, don't they make HUGE bolides? I'd :heart: a monster bolide for traveling :girlsigh:.

Baggaholic said:
It is Chartruse. Don't worry, men know quality, when he see's the difference he won't tell you but he'll know. Just be easy, if I got my stubborn, hard headed penny pinching Italian husband into liking Hermes I beleive any woman can!

Chartruse, awwwwww, it's gorgeous :girlsigh:. Also, I bet he's tired of seeing a closet full of bags and clothes that are NEVER worn. If I start buying Hermes and rotate those babies, I know he won't balk then ;). I'm going to work on him :drinkup:.

Molls said:
The chanels I am waiting on are the new metallic bowler from the luxury line, a black bowler from the luxury line (I can get this now, but don't want to spend over $2k on it as that can go towards the kelly) and the vinyl hobo.

shopmom, I was thinking about getting just one of the chanels in which it would definitely be the vinyl hobo. I fell in love with this bag and it would take care of my, "I need something that looks really cool" craving but it seems like this bag is one of this year's "IT" bags and I know it would probably get dated quickly. Now, I also REALLY want a vert anis 37cm bolide to use as a carryall to fit all my day-to-day items, as I have many. So...the money I'm saving by not indulging in chanel will go towards TWO hermes bags.

So now my heading should read, "3 Chanels or 2 Hermes?" :upsidedown: and, now, it's a no brainer for me. The only thing I need to know is, is the 37cm bolide a nice, big bag as I've only seen them in 31cm's and know I would need something bigger.
Well, I guess you know the answer already:graucho::angel:
Which metallic color bowler you are waiting for? It is nice and roomy bag, but I had to return mine because the metallic sheen just rubbed off in some parts and I used it just several times. :wtf: It had to be sent to Paris for possible repair, but they said there was some issue with that particular golden metallic leather batch and it was not repairable... I was so heartbroken, but then call came about my long-awaited Birkin.:wlae::yahoo:
Just to say I was so happy and I know that the quality issue would not bother me at all with H bags, and if some unfortunate thing would happen bag could be always repaired.
I am also waiting for vinyl Chanel bag, but it would be very different from Kelly/Bolide and the price tag would be 800Euros, so I'd say go for Kelly or Bolide and keep a bit for vinyl Chanel.:girlsigh::angel:

Hi, speaking as a major ex-chanel lover, I would vote Kelly. I think that chanel is great quality, and cetainly an elegant choice, but if someone offered me 10 of the hottest, newest, chanels for one of my used hermes bags I would say no. I ended up giving most of my chanel bags away to friends and family to make room for my hermes bags.

I must say I used to be into quantity as well as quality. So to compensate, I would get several of decent quality bags, but never to one extreme till I fell in love with Hermes.

If 1 Chanel and 1 Kelly adds up to 3 Chanels I'd choose 1 Chanel and 1 Kelly. Because even if Kelly is of superb quality like Lilach mentioned, you need that Chanel to go clubbing, bar, grocery shopping, or for a rainy day

:yes: That's a good point. I still use my LV Recital all the time for dinners or when I just don't feel like carrying a big bag. I love Chanel but DH has never been a fan...except for last weekend we stopped by the boutique (I wanted to see a Chanel Kelly irl after seeing lovely pics like Japster's...but no one had any in stock right now :sad: ) and DH and I both fell for a white evening bag. Totally impractical as I would probably mess it up in two seconds but it was lovely. So you never know when you might need another bag. ;)

I like the idea of one Chanel and one Kelly.
The Kelly is the queen of all handbags and will last for generations!!
I think you know, though, that you won't be able to stop at one Hermes. Like I said in another, thread, I think they put something "special" in the leather!!! :smile: