2nd or more weddings.

i think that a bride and groom should have whatever wedding they want - on husband #3? still want a 3-ring-circus of a wedding? have it. the wedding should make the couple happy, and i don't think the couple should have to worry whether or not the big celebration they want is 'inappropriate.'

To each her own but I would not do it.

After getting up the first time in a big fluffy gown and declaring your undying love 'til death do us part... then realizing it was a mistake... then doing it over again? Not really my style.

I just think it's a personal decision. I wouldn't spend the money on a big wedding (or probably any wedding) even the first time around, but if you want to do it the first, second, third, whatever, it's your day.

Completely agree on all counts. Personally, I'm an elopement or civil ceremony, no party type of gal. If I ever have kids, if I chose to help for the first wedding, there would be no cash going to any second, third, ect., weddings.

I think it's a personal choice & no one else should judge. If you disagree strongly don't attend.

My husb was previously married but I never was. I wanted the wedding & wedding party - the works. It wasn't huge - 100 ppl. Why should I get shortchanged?? We paid for everything ourselves so no one was 'put out' because of it. I wore an ivory dress because I don't like stark white but if a person loves white & looks great in it they should wear what they want.

Thankfully we are surrounded by great friends & family who were nothing but happy for us & several people told me it was the best most fun wedding they ever attended. I have no regrets. Do what fits you.