224? small CF?

bluekit

CC x DY
O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I'll have to admit, I'm totally confused as to the sizes. One thing I do know is I want a small chanel.

So tell me if I'm correct:
225 reissue is about the same size as the medium classic flap. Right?

Does anyone have a 224 reissue and photos of you wearing it?

Likewise, does anyone have a small classic flap? What's the dimension for that?

Thank you! :lol:

ETA: The size I'm looking for is in the vicinity of 10" Long X 6" TALL X 2-3" THICK, if that helps.

Yes the 225 reissue is about the size of the medium classic flap. I have seen the 224 reissue IRL and it is very small. It's like a wallet with straps. For the price, you're better off with the 225. Here's a pic of the reissue 225 beside a medium classic flap (courtsey of a fellow TSFer):

Attachments

• Chanel%20225,%20227,%20Medium%20Classic%20018[1].JPG
    Chanel%20225,%20227,%20Medium%20Classic%20018[1].JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,232
Asl_bebes, thank you for the comparison photos. :love: You're right, many of my bags are like wallet with straps :lol: :lol: but for the price, it's probably better to go a bit larger so I can slide my digital camera in as well ;)

I know these are not your photos, but do you know if the WHITE medium classic flap comes in silver hardware? I love the clasp in the CLASSIC FLAP, but not too hot on its leather-chain straps.

If I have a choice, I'd prefer a white/black CLASSIC FLAP in Caviar with silver hardware with the REISSUE-straps. Do they make anything like that besides the one I've posted in my other thread?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true (courtesy of mello_yello_jen for finding it) :love: :love: :love: :love:

KathyD - yes the white one is a classic flap or a classic 2.55. Personalshoppers on Ebay had a jumbo classic 2.55 in beige so there probably is one in the medium size. I think that it is caviar leather. You'd have to check at your local Chanel if they have it in stock or if they can order it for you.

bluekit - Honestly, I really don't know if the classic 2.55 comes in different straps other than the leather/chain straps. There are some Chanel experts here that can better answer your question. There are different styles ... for instance the classic accordian. It's measurements are 11.5" x 6" x 5" with a handle drop of 8". It's pretty similar to the measurements you were looking for and it has a chain strap (but not quite the same as a reissue's). Here's some pics:

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 248
Asl_bebes, thanks for being so helpful! I can see that the larger classic flap or reissues are more popular here so not too many share my love for small bags. :love: :love:

I love your classic accordian btw, it's the perfect size for me :love: :love: I'm a sucker to tiny tiny bags. :shame:

Thanks for the pic & info asl. I especially love your white bag. I have a cambon bowler on order in black with white letters from NM. I'm in the process of purchasing a classic flap, in beige. I want the one like the pic of Penelope Cruise that's been on the forum.