2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

@papertiger You asked what have I bought that I’m not normally into:
View attachment 5994686
I usually only like dark pinks or dusty pinks. But this true pink (as Coach calls it) caught my eye.

The Coach Tabby 33 is a double whammy. This blue/grey is a new colorway for me & I don’t normally like flap bags. But this pairs well with a lot of my clothes.

Lastly the LC XS Roseau bag. It’s embroidered, a material I need to be careful with & it’s small. But it’s so stunning. And it holds a decent amount.

Thank you for showing me these. Love all of these, the embroidery is very special :loveeyes:

@papertiger You asked what have I bought that I’m not normally into:
View attachment 5994686
I usually only like dark pinks or dusty pinks. But this true pink (as Coach calls it) caught my eye.

The Coach Tabby 33 is a double whammy. This blue/grey is a new colorway for me & I don’t normally like flap bags. But this pairs well with a lot of my clothes.

Lastly the LC XS Roseau bag. It’s embroidered, a material I need to be careful with & it’s small. But it’s so stunning. And it holds a decent amount.
I love these!

I have a friend whose collection is around 250 bags. They have their own bedroom in her house. :lol:
My bags have their own room! It's actually sort of an office too but just for personal stuff since we are retired. It is one of the kid's old bedrooms. DH loves telling everyone that I have 250 bags but I really only have 58, if you don't count those I have listed for sale. Of those 58, several are collectible vintage bags I rarely use and a few are small special occasion bags. All my bags fit on a large bookcase.

My bags have their own room!...
All my bags fit on a large bookcase.
It's so much fun when you can allocate a proper space to your collection. I move around too much to be able to do that, but my friend is a collector of many things, not just bags, so her "showroom" was designed to hold lots from the start. It's end to end bookshelves and little cubbies for her figurines, bags and Japanese squishies. Lots of fun to go in there and look around. :smile:

My bags have their own room! It's actually sort of an office too but just for personal stuff since we are retired. It is one of the kid's old bedrooms. DH loves telling everyone that I have 250 bags but I really only have 58, if you don't count those I have listed for sale. Of those 58, several are collectible vintage bags I rarely use and a few are small special occasion bags. All my bags fit on a large bookcase.
I’m like you. Once a bag is earmarked for sale, it’s no longer in my collection / count.

Currently, I have 29 bags - not including 2 Dior minaudières which are more like toys / closet decor than functional handbags. (I never count functional bags like backpacks, laptop totes, conference / cosplay bags or luggage because it’s easy to keep those at the bare minimum because I have no affection for these bags.)

My intent with my shopping spree last month was to increase my bag count for more variety because I become bored and irritated if I don’t have bags I can swap into. But despite buying 7 bags, I’ve not made progress because I also earmarked 5 bags for sale and have 2 bags in “limbo” as I try (unsuccessfully) so far to find repair options. Given that, I still think I need 5-10 more bags in my collection. 35-40 is my sweet spot. But, I’d like to complete my newly launched wardrobe refresh before I buy any more bags to ensure cohesion. I’d also like to buy some bags from designers who are not well known but who have spectacular quality. I just heard of Létrange and am very intrigued by several of their bags - both for casual and cocktail-ish wear IMG_7785.jpeg IMG_7786.jpegSo, I want to explore more than the usual suspects and simply buy bags that capture my heart and have the quality that many mass produced premier luxury designers are moving away from. That will be a slow process because I’m jumping into a part of the market with little easily found info and nary a friend or relative (other than DD) who shares or even understands my love of bags to join me.

I’m like you. Once a bag is earmarked for sale, it’s no longer in my collection / count.

Currently, I have 29 bags - not including 2 Dior minaudières which are more like toys / closet decor than functional handbags. (I never count functional bags like backpacks, laptop totes, conference / cosplay bags or luggage because it’s easy to keep those at the bare minimum because I have no affection for these bags.)

My intent with my shopping spree last month was to increase my bag count for more variety because I become bored and irritated if I don’t have bags I can swap into. But despite buying 7 bags, I’ve not made progress because I also earmarked 5 bags for sale and have 2 bags in “limbo” as I try (unsuccessfully) so far to find repair options. Given that, I still think I need 5-10 more bags in my collection. 35-40 is my sweet spot. But, I’d like to complete my newly launched wardrobe refresh before I buy any more bags to ensure cohesion. I’d also like to buy some bags from designers who are not well known but who have spectacular quality. I just heard of Létrange and am very intrigued by several of their bags - both for casual and cocktail-ish wear View attachment 5995224 View attachment 5995223So, I want to explore more than the usual suspects and simply buy bags that capture my heart and have the quality that many mass produced premier luxury designers are moving away from. That will be a slow process because I’m jumping into a part of the market with little easily found info and nary a friend or relative (other than DD) who shares or even understands my love of bags to join me.
I love that first one. The color is stunning, and I like the clean lines.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Ahh that’s the dream for me!
Either a room for my bags or a walk-in closet big enough to incorporate my bags!
(I told my husband that when we get our 2nd house, the walk-in closet must be much bigger :lol:)

So I have a dilemma and would like your ladies’s thoughts. :heart:

I have been thinking about the coach, quilted tabby, in white with gold hardware for quite some time.

IMG_3110.png

I want a white leather bag that basically doesn’t break the bank because I can’t trust myself with a white bag lol.

And so I tried it on in stores yesterday, and unfortunately, knowing that this would happen, I fell in love with it.

IMG_3108.jpegIMG_3109.jpeg

My dilemma of course is that I’ve hit my personal two bags a year policy and I’m not willing to do my one in one out policy because I don’t want to sell any of my bags. I’m very happy with all of them.

I asked my husband what he thought and he like looked at me and he was like it’s so affordable! Why don’t you just get it? He said he wouldn’t even count it as part of the policy. LOL :lol: The enabler of my life!!! :rolleyes:

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a classic bag and it’s not going to go away anytime soon, so of course I have time to think about it. However, knowing how price increases are these days I would be a little annoyed if I knew that I was going to get it regardless and buy it next year at a higher price.

Thoughts? :idea: Thank you! 🙏🏼

I have been thinking about the coach, quilted tabby, in white with gold hardware for quite some time.

View attachment 5995770

I want a white leather bag that basically doesn’t break the bank because I can’t trust myself with a white bag lol.

And so I tried it on in stores yesterday, and unfortunately, knowing that this would happen, I fell in love with it.

View attachment 5995771View attachment 5995772

My dilemma of course is that I’ve hit my personal two bags a year policy and I’m not willing to do my one in one out policy because I don’t want to sell any of my bags. I’m very happy with all of them.

I asked my husband what he thought and he like looked at me and he was like it’s so affordable! Why don’t you just get it? He said he wouldn’t even count it as part of the policy. LOL :lol: The enabler of my life!!! :rolleyes:

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a classic bag and it’s not going to go away anytime soon, so of course I have time to think about it. However, knowing how price increases are these days I would be a little annoyed if I knew that I was going to get it regardless and buy it next year at a higher price.

Perhaps this could be the exception and you could compensate by decluttering in some other area of your wardrobe or home?

I find this thread very helpful and inspiring as someone who doesn't have a lot of bags and shoes - it helps me choose wisely.

@Cookiefiend congratulations on your new Gucci, it looks fantastic for summer. Also, wow on four books read and all the work you’ve done at home

@papertiger, congratulations on your April stats, bag outs, RTW outs, jewelry outs. What an amazing evolution of your closet! I’m glad you got your leather shorts back.

@Sibelle, well done on your camera in and out. Have a fantastic trip!

@lill_canele I love the colour of your new Gucci Jackie - congratulations!

@Sunshine mama This metallic and your metallic LV are so pretty. Your photography skills are top notch.

@Vintage Leather your stats are amazing. I am sorry for the loss of your uncle and to hear that your mom was back in hospital. Sending you virtual hugs :hugs:

@dcooney4 way to go on your stats/outs and congratulations on your additions, they are lovely!

@whateve well done on the bag rotation!

Last edited:

View attachment 5995770

Being that it is Coach, I would get it now. With Coach you never know how long a style will hang around. Even if they make it next year, they might change some things or not make this color. And if you wait too long, the bag you buy might be return and not be pristine.

That said, most bags I've bought at Coach retail end up on sale later. Some of those, even though they went on sale, I would never have had the opportunity to get them at the sale price so it was good I bought them when I did.

View attachment 5995770

Good idea, so pretty on you.

My BV SA tried to get me to buy a white (Chalk) clutch (Stretch Box Knot) can you imagine? :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: lill_canele