1st time I got annoyed with "commoness" of speedy

I took my kids to a children's party a couple of weeks ago and i decided to use my speedy...
At the party, three other mother's were also carrying speedy's LOL!
I dont mind... we all carry them differently...
plus I just love my speedy!

i live in socal where everyone and their moms has LV... i usually hang out with my bf in his town, which is mostly asian. i always see these teenage girls carrying around speedies (lots of azur) and the worst part is i can tell that theyre fake. i hate that people probably think mine is fake too... oh well at least *I* know it's the real thing ;)

I was at the mall once on a Wednesday afternoon when there was no one there, carrying my Damier Speedy. And out of nowhere 3 women with the same women (not together) walk past me. I was like WTF?

I agree with you too!! I love my Speedy to death! But when I see too many people carry it while I'm carry it, I feel a little embarrassed and annoyed. Then I start to wonder which one is fake HAHHAHAA

or even worse someone starts to wonder if YOUR speedy is fake or real among the others...

It is slightly different here. Neverful is THE common bag. Almost everyone seemed to own a piece of Neverful.

I was waiting for my bf to pick me up last week. In my short 10 minutes wait, I have seen 3-4 Neverful walking past me.

This is what my friend told me when she visited Hong Kong in the X'mas holidays that the Neverful was everywhere she goes.... hmmm

Mono Speedy is everywhere in Toronto too, very common for the teens now a days....:wtf:

It happens a lot everywhere. It's a popular bag what can you hey. Hey that just means you and the other women have good taste. No need to get worked up about. If you love the bag that's all that matters. Lots of people drive the same car but that doesn't mean you should stop driving.

In average, 3 out of 4 women carrying LV monogram purses in Los Angeles and Las Vegas and I got annoyed like you did. That's why I am walking to the Prada alley more now.

So yesterday I was at the school in my town registering my daughter for kindergarten. I plopped my mono speedy on the table and sat down to fill out tons of paperwork. Another mother walks in .....comes over next to me....and plops her mono speedy down next to me! I look around....and see TWO OTHER WOMEN with mono speedys at another table!! Wth?? This has never happened to me before. I seldom see LV out in this little town that I live in. Ugh. Just had to vent. I usually like seeing LV's and enjoy it but this was a little ridiculous!

I would feel the same as you. But I still want Damier Speedy because I don't have one yet and here where I live, I saw only one person using Mono Speedy.

yeah thats why i like the LE speedies, have the function of a speedy but the difference form the originals... but then i gotta have an original for the rough days...

I know, I know...I was on line to pay for something at a dept store and of course someone on line had one (mono). It is so true. But just think that you see so many wearing it simply because it IS a great bag and always looks great. Everyone wears it differently. All that matters is that the bag works for you and you feel good wearing it. It really is the one bag I never tire of or think of selling. It's a staple (like the Little Black Dress):yes:

Well said Gaby!!!! :tup:

I totally understand... I think it's for this reason I'm still undecided about the monogram line. I would love to get the Neverfull in Damier when it comes out but then I know those would be really popular too!

i have been carrying a speedy (not the same one) since high school (in the 1980's!!!)

they were very common, then less common...now extremely common...but always a great bag. i use what works for me, and speedys are durable and easy to use.

haha i think your story is cute! i don't own a speedy but im thinking about getting the 30. It seems like it should be a staple in everyone's collection. I started off my LV collection with other bags but never thought about the speedy until now. I really want the mirage noir but i don't think the mono would be any less classy. i've always been a hobo girl and i've since changed my ways to liking hand held purses.