Mantaining suede leather

I like this bag, too and was vaguely thinking of getting it a few months ago; but suede does worry me a bit, especially for bags, as you are handling them all the time. Also, as they are nearer eye level than shoes, or boots, if they get grubby, it shows more.

I don't think (clean) rain is the major problem (suede will generally dry out fine, in my experience). I worry far more about oils, from skin and food etc.

I don't, personally, believe in suede protectors, as I believe they do very little good, spoil the finish somewhat and can lure you into a false sense of security.

Sorry I couldn't help more!

Thanks chloe.
Maybe there are some sprays you can use on suede, as those you use for Timberland boots.:graucho: ..I wanted to write to Burberry and ask, but I couldn't find any email address in their site.

Try using Apple Guard sprays, even my SA in Vuitton recommends it (secretly). I've personally not tried the spray for suede as I don't own any suede bags,maybe you can try spraying cheaper suede shoes or something and see how they work out in the rain/snow before you take the plunge and spray your suede bags.

Try using Apple Guard sprays, even my SA in Vuitton recommends it (secretly). I've personally not tried the spray for suede as I don't own any suede bags,maybe you can try spraying cheaper suede shoes or something and see how they work out in the rain/snow before you take the plunge and spray your suede bags.

Thanks, hope I find it in Italy. I'm thinking of calling Burberry and ask before purchasing that bag.

I purchased a suede bead tote in the color flint last year to run around with for fun. I sprayed it with ugg spray. The bag looks brand new and I wasn't all that careful with it. It did lay on the floor at work etc.

I purchased a suede bead tote in the color flint last year to run around with for fun. I sprayed it with ugg spray. The bag looks brand new and I wasn't all that careful with it. It did lay on the floor at work etc.
:wlae: Wow! That's what I wanted to know! I'm usually quite careful with bags, but I often leave them on the floor of my bedroom (and my bf gets angry with me for that, he's more careful on my handbags than I actually am)