Curious

amamxr

Aug 21, 2006
This is the second item that I have purchased from overseas and am wondering why it smells like moth balls?? has anyone experienced this with their purchases?? How in the world do I get this awfull smell out??

Lots of Asian stores put moth balls in their stock room to prevent some little bugs from eating up wool/leather material.

Air your bag and the smell will go away in a few days.

from LV Lady?

My babylone was like that (but I love it!) - Try some fabric softener sheets. I actually didn't do anything and the smell was gone after about 2 weeks of using it.

because of the humidity over there.

Irene has bought a few bags from there and had the same issue. She's been lucky just turning the bags inside out and using fabreeze.

I think there are a few threads regarding how to get rid of the smell. Try searching the forum. ;)

As for the mothball smell, some PFers mentioned that most of those bags are from countries with hot weather.

Stuff it with dryer sheets or charcoal & leave it in a sunny place. If it has a lining you can turn inside out then pulll it out & spray it with febreeze & leave it in a sunnyy place. Irene has really good advice about this problem I think you can search mothball & find a lot of help.

Thanks Ladies- I will head to the store for some dryer sheets and see what I could do. I so wanted to use this in a couple of weeks on my trip to New England- I sure hope that it is gone before I leave...:sad:

Air it out as much as possible and try febreeze. I had a closet that reeked of mothballs (too strong for even dryer sheets) from a previous tenant and I got an odor absorbing block (comes in a tub like sour cream) from a hardware store. Its charcoal and some other stuff. It got rid of the smell in a few days. :flowers:

Oooh, how nice a trip to New England to see all those fabulous fall colors!

BTW, am I the only one who has the image of a stockroom stacked with LV bags each filled to the brim with mothballs? :lol: