You are what you wear; Dress for the day w/ pic

OH...Julia:

I love love love love the 1st and 3rd ensembles on you....absolutely gorgeous!! May I have the honer to dance w/ you????? :love:

All of the outfits have great silhouette and you have a great thin/ jeweled belt to go w/ Moschino dress and let's not forget your perfect clutch too!!!

As for the second outfit...I cannot tell it is Armani unless you mention it...maybe a pair of fuchsia heels will pop out it more or some other accessories!!

The 3 top is elegant but you know what....I dont' think that's my style...I probably like the upper corset style but not the bottom flair....so much!! I would say it is very YOU, Julia. hehe ...

hmm...i will return the Armani dress then.

i bought the Etro corset top because it has ruffle bottom, which is very Me. :yes: oh i am glad you like this top on me! i can't return it since it is a final sale.

ah~~~ I definitely want to see your improvised version of them .... :yes:

i was going to shorten the straps of the Armani dress and add a sheer black Akris bodysuit underneath...now i am thinking about return it.

I will add two velvet elastic straps to the Etro corset top (match its velvet black/gold back zipper). I can also wear my black sheer Akris bodysuit underneath the top for a less revealing look.

Hi Steffe ! You had made a good effort in laying out 3 newest outfits today, and I wanted to contribute my opinions ( as you asked) :

The blue, is the thumb ups, definitely ! You look best in V neck style, and the softness of the fabric created a sexy, feminent image which floated around your upper chest, down to the knee. As I looked at your post, I saw a tranquility of * a dress and a soul *, promising a very successful , plus elegance oufit for a big event. It is one of the most beautiful pic. of you...

I know you want the accesories are all black, yes I love it too, and the only stand out will be you and the dress...

About the 3rd oufit, please don't do anything to add it up to the corset ! I ve been at my friend at fixing lots of wedding gown which is strapless, corsest styles... and the most puntuation of that part is the bone that hold and curve the whole chest. It doesn't matter the top is straght across, or a bit V at the cleavage ( as your Etro top), anything add it up will lose the beauty of a peplum style. Unless you want to wear see through top ( which is also sleevless ) underneath, but again the meaning of chest and waist combination will fade away !

I also think the pencil skirt will be more of your style; of course, you can wear flare pants with it, but I think, it will definitely more Dior lady either Oscar de la Renta way.It's very You...

The second Pink dress, keep it ( if it was a good bargain). I took more closer look, and I think I like it too ! It has a vibe of a summer dress, eventhough it has a look of a country * raisin maid* girl, but it's very mordern, sweet, but still not too young looking.

It's also a smart dress ! Look at this way Steffe, forget about upper part, the designer want you to notice the highwaist and long legs here ! Wear a crop black jacket hit right at the waist, button up to hide the straps, then you 'll have a very nice oufit to dine out with your Dh's friend, in mutal way !

That's all of my comments. In conclusion, I love 3 of your outfits. It may not be Rachel 's style, but It's very you, no matter we want to change our image !

Burberry ! Thank you, I 've been dong it for the past 14 years, after marriage...I think no matter our parents still alive or passed away- the ancestor 's table are the most request among VN traddition. I do it quick in 1 hr! Depend on how many dishes I cook that day. At noon, we are standing in front, bowed our head and invite them to visit and bless us.!

Burberry ! Thank you, I 've been dong it for the past 14 years, after marriage...I think no matter our parents still alive or passed away- the ancestor 's table are the most request among VN traddition. I do it quick in 1 hr! Depend on how many dishes I cook that day. At noon, we are standing in front, bowed our head and invite them to visit and bless us.!

That's good that you keep up with this tradition. My mom has an ancestors' table, which she lights up candles and prepare special dishes during new year, birthdays, and passing days. My mom wants me to keep up the tradition when she passes away.

Julia, I like all three ensembles. The blue Moschino dress and the Etro top are very elegant and classy. Both look perfect paired with a clutch. The pink Armai dress is more casual and great for a Spring/Summer outing. It's perfect for your light skin tone. I'm a simple dressier, so for me, I wouldn't add anything other than maybe some fun dangling earrings.

Steffe - I love the peter som dress! very gorgeous and the colors and shape are beautiful! I think Chanel goes with everything - dressed up or down.....about your three looks, all are beautiful but i have to say no.1 and 3 are my favourite.....however personally i prefer the etro top worn with straight leg pants - could you try it on with pants too? The Armani dress has a lovly color and print - hot pink is very in for the summer. I'm so envious that in the US you have so much choice and great sale prices!

Alfie's mom - NO!! whyyyy? ok at least you replaced it with another one!! Lets see what you got instead!!

RI - I think its lovely that you put so much effort into preparing a beautiful ancestors table....its a nice tradition.

Hi Ri, Sophie and Kaban,:cutesy:

Thank you very much for your inputs on these 3 pieces.

yes Kaban we got some good sales going on lately (again!!:faint:). NM has a great sales and selections on Couture. they just changed their policy that all sales are final, no returns. but their price is better than used to be. i got all of 3 pieces at 75% off. i can return the hot pink Armani dress since i got it online. and stuck with Etro corset top because i got it in the store. Luckily, all of you (including Rachel) liked it on me. so I can keep it even i don't have an occasion for it yet.

Ri, i did make a good effort yesterday to try and take pictures for these new pieces i just got. it was way too bright to take pictures in the mirror. so i ran back and forth between two mirrors...they still turned out to be blurry. oh well.

i agree with you and Sophie on the accessories: when the dress is as bright as that Armani number, i simplify the accessories to the basic black or nude/beige. i think silver color accessories also go well with that Armani dress. i have a pair of CL slingbacks with silver heel...but no silver clutch.

the reason i want to add straps to the Etro corset top is that i am afraid of its moving downwards. but i won't add something underneath as you suggested. just two straps, ok? and i will try it with a pair of black pants like you and Kaban suggested.

the Armani dress was $1.4 k down to $285- it's a good bargain. but i think i should return it because i can tell none of you really likes it. the strap is not a good design, imo. they are so thin and hang a little too low, very easy to slip off shoulders. i dont want to have to keep moving them back on my shoulders when i talk to my friends at a party.

Steffe - I'm glad you're keeping the Etro top - something like that is great for a sudden occasion when you need to glam up a bit! I love the material and i love the velvet zip! Sunning and great buy there!

Steffe - I'm glad you're keeping the Etro top - something like that is great for a sudden occasion when you need to glam up a bit! I love the material and i love the velvet zip! Sunning and great buy there!
Can l add, l agree....the Etro is so eyecatching......as looked great....l understand why the straps, l also feel the same about strapless tops, although l dont know how they will slip down:nuts:
I did like 1, but 2 not so much.:P.....x

Steffe! If the corset top keeps moving, can you *take in * 2 side of the upper part? My friend always does that for me. Also keep in mind if you put in straps, make it propotion because when pulling up to high ( you are afraid of to low to the point of revealing! )--the top will become * baby doll* style...

LOL I always guessed it right ! I knew you come back and forth in b/w taking pics. It seemed me and you have some kind of ...connection!

Kaban! Hi how are you ? Yes also agree with you about the velvet zip. I was supprised as I saw D &G top in gold brocade, same peplum style, with revealing black zip in the back last last at Fall season... they looked so unique and modestly sexy too.

i have to keep the Etro top - it's a final sale, no returns. :P thank you for your assurance. it makes me feel better with this impulsive purchase.

just want to add, the straps on Armani dress did not look that thin because i wore black bra underneath. its straps are thinner than my bra straps! :Push:

i think the Peter Som dress will be a keeper too. :yes: