New Prada mary jane's...

I think those look so cool. I just got the Fendi Buckle Mary Janes and they are very cute IRL. I was hesitating but I'm glad I got them. I will look at these on Friday when I go shopping in the Windy City!

I eyed these for the longest time but haven't taken the plunge yet. I just keep wondering how long platforms will be in and if the trend is on the downslide. What do you think?

I eyed these for the longest time but haven't taken the plunge yet. I just keep wondering how long platforms will be in and if the trend is on the downslide. What do you think?

Yeah, for something that goes in and out fashion like platforms I'm usually hesitant to spend as much as I did on these...I might end up returning them :shrugs: .

If they fit like a dream, however, they're keepers. I think for platforms these are pretty understated. I'm at the point in developing my style to where I'm not going to worry about someone thinking "oh my GOD how can she wear those 2006 pradas" a year or two from now. I have short legs and can't have enough black shoes so this style does wonders to put me more in proportion. Plus I'm hoping these work with my skinny jeans (??) as well as black work slacks. We'll see!

Yeah, for something that goes in and out fashion like platforms I'm usually hesitant to spend as much as I did on these...I might end up returning them :shrugs: .

If they fit like a dream, however, they're keepers. I think for platforms these are pretty understated. I'm at the point in developing my style to where I'm not going to worry about someone thinking "oh my GOD how can she wear those 2006 pradas" a year or two from now. I have short legs and can't have enough black shoes so this style does wonders to put me more in proportion. Plus I'm hoping these work with my skinny jeans (??) as well as black work slacks. We'll see!

Definitely agree with you that the fit takes priority. I have wide feet as well as a passion for prada like you so I follow your lead if you say something works for you. I almost ordered those boots you tried on but I held off because my calves are pretty muscular and I worried about the narrower shaft on the pradas. Anyway- please let me know how the maryjanes fit, they sure are stunning!:yes:

OK, everyone, as promised here's the scoop.

They are great! They are a little snug in the toe as expected but they still feel alright and that is a good sign especially at the end of the day when my feet are a little swollen.

They have a nice 'rock' in the movement from heel to toe so it doesn't feel like a stiff platform when you walk...

I usually wear a 7 1/2 but I got a size 38 (8 equivalent) because of the higher heel.

There is a slight bump under the toe area which prevents your foot from sliding and squishing all the way into the far toe end of the shoe. ahhhh, brilliant!

Yes, a little more $$ than I would normally spend on platforms, but I wear black shoes 95% the time and these are keepers! :wlae:

OK, everyone, as promised here's the scoop.

They are great! They are a little snug in the toe as expected but they still feel alright and that is a good sign especially at the end of the day when my feet are a little swollen.

They have a nice 'rock' in the movement from heel to toe so it doesn't feel like a stiff platform when you walk...

I usually wear a 7 1/2 but I got a size 38 (8 equivalent) because of the higher heel.

There is a slight bump under the toe area which prevents your foot from sliding and squishing all the way into the far toe end of the shoe. ahhhh, brilliant!

Yes, a little more $$ than I would normally spend on platforms, but I wear black shoes 95% the time and these are keepers! :wlae:

Thanks for the followup Pursegrrl. I'm definitely going to look into them.

Hey all, it's been awhile since I posted a real road test about these...

Well, I still like them and they are keepers. I need tons of black shoes and these are trendy while still being understated and they can work with jeans, slacks or skirts. However, by the end of the day my feet swell and my toes feel a little cramped. So, I need to stretch them a little more with my shoe trees. I guess that's not unusual? I hope not. :confused1: