B-bag ladies - what do you carry when it's raining?

i've carried my bbags on light rains and drizzle but not during heavy rains. as long as i have my umbrella, i'm good. no harm done to my bbag.

i've been meaning to put a plastic bag in my bag just in case like some of you. :yes:

I carry mine in the rain, no coverings at all. I have a black city and first so I am not afraid of water spots. She looks just as good as when I bought her if not better.

I kinda agree with this too :yes:

I'm fine with letting my dark day or city getting wet if necessary. I don't think it spoils it but that's just me. I've carried various brand leather bags in the rain and they've all been just fine.

My bbag....actually... I actually bought my bbag (black city) as my 1 and only all weather bag - because at the time, all I owned was LV - MC or Mono, which is accented in vachetta leather, which stains with water. To the best of my knowledge, Balenciaga is dyed and treated leather - so in my experience, it repells water effortlessly, and is rather resilient in terms of wet weather.

It was great reading what others do, some fantastic ideas! :tup: I carry my older LV bags like alma or messenger when it is raining. I do this b/c they are tough, and it only helps the patina! I actually do NOT want to carry them anymore, so I think once I get my black basic Bal which is yet to be determined, I will just use it and count on the rain "building character" for it. I love the dustbag Idea, but, I am too spacy :nuts: and rushed to think that far ahead most of the time, lol!

If it's just drizzle and I have an umbrella with me, I would still carry my blueberry Day. If it's going to be windy or raining really hard I will carry my LV mono Speedy, or a random Kenneth Cole bag that I don't worry about getting wet.

I've sprayed Apple Garde on all of my bags, Bbags included, and doing so seems to have done the trick of really making them water repellant. On days when the rain's just really lashing down, save from not leaving the house at all ;) , I use my reusable nylon grocery bag that I ALWAYS carry for quick grocery shopping as a cover with which to wrap my Bbags...

BUMP!!
Autumn is coming...and I'm curious to know what do B.bags gals carry while it's rainy.
I usually put the AG spray on my B.bags, but I don't know...when it's really raining "cats and dogs" maybe it would be better using different bags?
Nylon bags, for example?

I've carried each of my bbags ('06 cognac, '07 sandstone & '08 pale magenta) in all kinds of rain (and snow for that matter) and haven't noticed any ill effects. In fact, I might almost swear the rain makes them a little smooshier and softer. I do use the Apple Guarde Rain & Stain repellant, but my pale magenta city got cought in the rain before I had a chance and she was no worse for wear after the effect. It was scary the 1st time, because it looked all splotchy, but it dried exactly the same as before. So I don't worry about it anymore :nogood:

So it's raining cats & dogs outside today and i'm sad since this means errands and running around town sans b-bag.

I didn't treat any of my bags (i'm chicken as i'm worried it will change the beautiful leather somehow) - so on rainy days I use my Orla Kiely vinyl shopper. It's cute, but no b-bag.

What do you ladies do? Anyone just tough it out? Or do you use alternate bags?

TIA!

I carry my cell and credit card in my back pocket. The bags stay home.