Authenticate This Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ladies!

I have lurked on this site for some time after I discovered it while shopping for my sister's Christmas gift. Needless to say, I am now hooked on Coach as well! I've learned so much about the brand for you guys, but I'm not very familiar with the Legacy lines. Can you look at this auction for me? First, is it authentic? Second, I've read here that scratches on the Legacy leather are somewhat inevitable, but are these really bad? Can they be rubbed out? I've never seen this bag IRL, but it is currently listed at a great price for a used bag. Any idea on dimensions, as well?

Thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130226043739&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

hi ladies! I had this authenticated here but I have a question about the creed. It is larger than the normal creed tag i'm used to seeing. is this normal for this particular bag? (Meaning the square that is sewn on, not the no.s, is ALOT LARGER than my other coach bags have) I just want to make sure before i take it in to coach to have a repair done on it. (would be mortified if it were a fake!!) TIA!!

coachcreed.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Coach-Madeline-Signature-Large-Tote-Wallet-NR_W0QQitemZ130226732029QQihZ003QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this one real? I've been wanting this bag for a while, and all the others I've seen have a tanish/yellow scarf...this one looks almost pink to me... ??

The scarf doesn't look pink to me. It looks yellowish. I would ask the seller for a clearer picture of the creed. The picture on the auction is hard to read. Also, better pictures of the wallet, including closer pics of the front and back and inside, are needed. One of the bags this seller has sold in the past looks questionable, so definitely ask for more pics.

Thank you so much. My money is pending in Paypal and I wrote to her asking me to read the hangtag for me. She has not answered. I know the whiskey is B4/wY and Natural is B4/NA. My money will clear on Monday and I do not want to put it through to her account if it is misrepresented. So I want to wait the day and if she says the tag says whiskeyWY and I know from several sources including Jax that it is not a Whiskey I will just hope I do not ruin my 100% feedback when I cancel the transaction. I asked if it was a 2006 whiskey and she said yes it is, but i prefer the 2007 darker one, so I think she knew at that time. I just do not know what to write her since I never did anything like cancel a transaction. This is the only bag my daughter wants is a whiskey for her birthday. Thanks!!!:tup:

You're welcome! I'm nearly certain this is the Natural color, since the Whiskey colored bags always had brown creeds and the color is too light to be Whiskey. I have an '06 Natural colored bag and it looks like the color in the pictures. The code on the tag should confirm this. Hopefully, you'll hear from her soon. If you don't, you should write to her and explain the situation - that you thought it was a Whiskey bag that you were bidding on because it was described as Whiskey in the auction, and it turned out not to be - and ask her to cancel the transaction and refund your money since it was misrepresented. Sellers can no longer give buyers negative feedback, so you won't have to worry about that.

Hi Ladies!

I have lurked on this site for some time after I discovered it while shopping for my sister's Christmas gift. Needless to say, I am now hooked on Coach as well! I've learned so much about the brand for you guys, but I'm not very familiar with the Legacy lines. Can you look at this auction for me? First, is it authentic? Second, I've read here that scratches on the Legacy leather are somewhat inevitable, but are these really bad? Can they be rubbed out? I've never seen this bag IRL, but it is currently listed at a great price for a used bag. Any idea on dimensions, as well?

Thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130226043739&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Hi, welcome! This is an authentic Legacy leather shoulder bag. I'm not so sure the color is Whiskey, as the seller describes in the auction. The color actually looks more like Brown to me. Brown and Whiskey can look pretty similar, but Whiskey tends to have reddish/orangey tones and Brown doesn't. Also, it seems that the Brown colored bags tend to show scratches more obviously. Scratches are inevitable with this type of leather. Most people just leave them as they are because they add character to the bag. The care card says not to use anything on the leather and that scratches and marks can be rubbed out with the natural oil from your fingers. You won't be able to rub out all the scratches, though. Even though Coach doesn't recommend conditioning the leather, some tPF members have had good results conditioning their Whiskey Legacy bags with Apple Care conditioner. They say that it made the color more even and the scratches not as noticeable. I've used Apple Care myself on my Black leather Legacy bags, but not on my Whiskey ones.

This bag measures approximately 13" L x 8.5" H x 5" W.

Last edited:
hi ladies! I had this authenticated here but I have a question about the creed. It is larger than the normal creed tag i'm used to seeing. is this normal for this particular bag? (Meaning the square that is sewn on, not the no.s, is ALOT LARGER than my other coach bags have) I just want to make sure before i take it in to coach to have a repair done on it. (would be mortified if it were a fake!!) TIA!!

coachcreed.jpg

It looks good from the pic, but I don't own this bag. There are a few tPFers who do. Hopefully, they can chime in about the size of the creed.

Status
Not open for further replies.