(dark red reissue) please help!

I think there is a smaller size that sells for US$2,250 (or something like that) and it's similar to the old 224. It comes in at least purple, navy, gold and silver. Nordstrom has the 224. I have no idea if the red comes in this 224 size though. Only France will know.

Whether 225 works well for work and night depends very much on how much stuff you usually carry in your bags. Some people (i.e. my sis) can survive on their mobile phone + wallet + small make-up bag + ipod. Some people (i.e. me) carry their entire stamps collection plus a kitchen sink in their bags.

In any event, if you are going to use it for work, you can always put your extra stuff in another business-looking bag in case 225 cannot hold everything. That's what I do when I feel like carrying a smaller handbag.

All my 2.55s are of medium size (formerly known as 226) and I pick that size (ok, an SA in Paris picked it for me 2 years ago) as it is a balance between my kitchen sink habbit and my own size. I am a midget and a large or extra large 2.55 will overwhelm me. I recently tried on the large navy and the extra large red. I looked ridiculous...! :yucky:

HTH.