Purple, navy and a blast from the bordeaux past

zerodross

O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
after all the drama i had with getting the purple reissue previously (remember the reissue i paid for and was not sent out and it just sat there for 1 whole week, and later i discovered that it was the wrong size to begin with. :cursing:) well thankfully the chanel gods answered my prayer and after a call to the most brilliant SA in Hawaii and two long weeks of waiting for the store to verify my billing address (go figure!), Gareth from the Ala Moana store rang me up on monday to say that it's all cleared and he'll be mailing the bag out.

and here it is, right on friday afternoon, all wrapped up on tonnes of tissue (this tops all the tissue frou-frou from paris) and with a thank-you note too. ;) i couldn't be more pleased. :yahoo:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

on first look, the purple reissue looks like it has some red undertones and when i put it up against the navy, i'm definitely thinking it has red undertones. it doesn't look as much to me as a true blue purple. and what's a metallic reissue post without a colour comparison eh? if the metallic navy was like OPI's Russian Navy, i'd say the metallic purple does bear some semblence (though a tad redder) to OPI's OPI Ink.

Attachments

• purple reissue 001.jpg
    purple reissue 001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 582
  • purple reissue 002.jpg
    purple reissue 002.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 574
  • purple reissue 003.jpg
    purple reissue 003.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 576
  • purple reissue 004.jpg
    purple reissue 004.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 585
  • purple reissue 005.jpg
    purple reissue 005.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 577
i tried to capture the best representation of the purple as i could, but when i could get the red undertones in, the hardware looked too gold-tinted in the picture (and it's a shiny silver metal as we all know), so this was the best i could do.

attachment.php

attachment.php

and now for the size and colour comparisons between navy and purple. the navy is a 226 size and the purple is a 225 size. of course the navy has been well-loved by me ever since it arrived from paris but i'll be giving the purple a test-drive soon! ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• purple reissue 013.jpg
    purple reissue 013.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 563
  • purple reissue 011.jpg
    purple reissue 011.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 579
  • purple reissue 010.jpg
    purple reissue 010.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 569
  • purple reissue 009.jpg
    purple reissue 009.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 574
  • purple reissue 007.jpg
    purple reissue 007.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 576
and i brought out my bordeaux reissue (my lucky find from amsterdam last year! :wlae:) which is also the 225 size and took some comparison pictures between the current metallic purple 225 and the old bordeaux 225.

attachment.php

a picture of my wee lil reissue "family"
attachment.php

now for the comparison shots between the bordeaux 225 and the purple 225
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

as you can see, size-wise they're practically the same! i found the purple to be a little "rounder" generally. the bordeaux is flatter, and less curvy in the edges to me somehow.

Attachments

• purple reissue 019.jpg
    purple reissue 019.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 564
  • purple reissue 018.jpg
    purple reissue 018.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 569
  • purple reissue 017.jpg
    purple reissue 017.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 573
  • purple reissue 015.jpg
    purple reissue 015.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 583
  • purple reissue 014.jpg
    purple reissue 014.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 582
WOW, fabulous!! I love the purple... and your navy as well -they are GORGEOUS!

Glad everything got sorted out for you -sucks when there's mix ups and drama w/ the bags... like a rollercoaster! -But it makes the Chanel high even better, right? ;)

Congrats on getting your fab purple baby!

the only difference between the purple 225 and the bordeaux 225 is that the purple is slightly wider than the bordeaux.

attachment.php

and i recall someone on the board asking about the chains between the old and the new reissues, so i took a picture of the two

attachment.php

and lastly, the hardware comparison (burnished vs shiny)
attachment.php

i'll post pictures of me giving the purple a test-run soon. ;)

Attachments

• purple reissue 020.jpg
    purple reissue 020.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 561
  • purple reissue 022.jpg
    purple reissue 022.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 561
  • purple reissue 023.jpg
    purple reissue 023.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 553
^ gorgeoussssssssss!! zero you have such a fabbb classic flap family!

:P wowsers jen! you're fast in replying! thanks for the kind words, and y'know you have a stunning bag collection yourself, i still remember the hermes unveil with your drop dead gorgeous havanne birkin! :drool:

WOW, fabulous!! I love the purple... and your navy as well -they are GORGEOUS!

Glad everything got sorted out for you -sucks when there's mix ups and drama w/ the bags... like a rollercoaster! -But it makes the Chanel high even better, right? ;)

Congrats on getting your fab purple baby!

thanks janny328! and you're right about how much sweeter it is to finally see the bag before me after the crazy chanel drama. :yes:

Hey M!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Your reissues look sooo pretty!

Funny how the previous 225 is the same size length wise as the new medium? Do you prefer the old chain or new?

Hey M!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Your reissues look sooo pretty!

Funny how the previous 225 is the same size length wise as the new medium? Do you prefer the old chain or new?

Hey A! Thanks! ;) i thought my eyes were deceiving me for a minute there when i brought out all the reissues for comparison. it was only after my camera batteries were exhausted that i realised i should have done comparison pictures with the medium classic and the 225 sizes. d'oh! that said, i do kinda like the old chain better because they're more lightweight (my bf commented on how heavy the chains felt on the new reissue when he passed me my navy) and the old chain doesn't kink up for me as much. but i do think the new shiny hardware goes brilliant with the metallic finish. :yes:

Hey A! Thanks! ;) i thought my eyes were deceiving me for a minute there when i brought out all the reissues for comparison. it was only after my camera batteries were exhausted that i realised i should have done comparison pictures with the medium classic and the 225 sizes. d'oh! that said, i do kinda like the old chain better because they're more lightweight (my bf commented on how heavy the chains felt on the new reissue when he passed me my navy) and the old chain doesn't kink up for me as much. but i do think the new shiny hardware goes brilliant with the metallic finish. :yes:

I agree with you. I prefer the look of the old chain, but the new shiny hardware does look pretty with the metallic finish. You've got a nice collection of 3 really different colours. So happy for you! :yahoo:

Thanks so much for the pics.....It's always a great reference to see them side by side.
I love your bordeaux reissue!!!! Of course the new reissues are very pretty too.
Congrats....you have a great reissue family!!!!