Best fabric or canvas totes under $30?

i<3handbags

Coach Obsessed ...
O.G.
Aug 22, 2007
I just want something for throwing books in when I go to the library. I need something fairly big, since I pick up books for my kids and children's books can be quite tall and wide. Sometimes my book load can be kind of heavy if quite a few books on my wait list come in at once, so I am leaning more towards canvas bags. I saw a couple of totes on the Target web site that were OK, but nothing that really jumped out at me. I don't mind something cutesy, since my daughter(almost 6) usually goes with me and likes to carry the bag of books if it's not too heavy. So if it had kitties all over it she would love it :smile: I have been using the plastic bags the library provides until the handles get too weak, and it finally hit me(duh! moment) that I should just buy a tote.

Hayden Harnett has a super-cute, super-environmentally friendly one. Under $30, organic cotton (cotton production normally uses a LOT of pesitcides) and proceeds go to Farm Aid!
http://haydenharnett.com/?action=detail&style=GREENTOTENAT&back=http%3A%2F%2Fhaydenharnett.com%2Findex.cgi%3Faction%3Dtote
1200351843639962263.jpg

Here's another great one. Its from victoriassecret.com, its called the grab n go tote and its only $15.00!

Attachments

• V270735.jpg
    V270735.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 79
Not canvas, but LeSportSac bags are very strong. I bought my daughter one off of E-bay for less than 30.00 and she carried her books in it for a long time. It's also waterproof. I have a few LSS bags and they are almost indestructable. They come in lots of cute prints, too. The bag I bought my daughter had cupcakes and candy all over it.

I love LL Bean's Boat Totes...I have two, one medium and one large...they are super sturdy and a great price. Also really useful for the beach or a weekend trip.
I was going to suggest LL Bean as well. Out of all the suggestions, they're probably the sturdiest. But if you're going for something more "cute," Target has a bunch right now and they're all ~$10...