The Grand Shopping Tote (GST)

Jazz

All That Jazz
O.G.
May 27, 2006
Well I did it. I broke my ban. I simply couldn't resist. When I showed my hubby I can get the bag RIGHT NOW for $1.6K OR wait as agreed until February and the SAME bag would be $2.1K he folded like a lawn chair. Thank goodness cause we got into a HUGE fight earlier in the month about me breaking our agreement.

Anyways....

I received my much coveted Black Grand Shopping Tote with Silver ...YAY to me! HE!!:heart::yahoo:

I inspected the bag like there was a bomb in it. See you never can be too careful when buying bags. Sure enough, it was the real deal. GREAT DEAL by the way.:yes:

So tonight I decided to wear my new tote to work tomorrow. Knowing how completely SHOCKED people will be to see me in anything NOT LV I smiled while putting the contents of my 25 LV Speedy into my new-to-me GST.

Then BAM!!!!!!!! It wouldn't fit!!!!:confused1: think to myself...WHAT? I was only 1/4 way through filling up the bag!!!

I wanted to take care not to distort the bag so I tried another way. Then another, then another.

Finally I realized!!! It's really NOT a functional tote! It's for SHOW:shame:

Even when I did fill it with (my wallet, PDA, makeup case, and Chanel eyeglass case),I realized how HEAVY it was. Wow!

Now don't get me wrong...I LOVE:heart: my bag and would NEVER sell it but it's not a real tote IMO. It's a tote by definition (boxy, openings, strap) but who wants to distort a bag they spent over 2K for?

So for the person who wanted a tote to toss shoes and papers in? ... Not gonna happen unless you take the bag to the limit.:nogood:

So I LOVE the bag, just not a practical tote IMO

?? That bag was huge to me! I mean, not Cabas huge, but definitely a tote IMO.
I guess it's all about what you have to carry. People here carry notebooks and such in there's all the time.

?? That bag was huge to me! I mean, not Cabas huge, but definitely a tote IMO.
I guess it's all about what you have to carry. People here carry notebooks and such in there's all the time.

Maybe I'm being to cautious with it? IDK Swank but I didn't feel I could put much in it. I had to put my wallet, phone, PDA and card holder in the zipper part. That left everything else exposed. And as soon as I laid the bag on the side (didn't want to leave it standing up) my stuff flew :confused1:

I just bought the tote as well and I am concerned about the weight and how it will effect by back and neck. But I love how it looks. I also have a bronze Coco Cabas that fits alot is alot lighter. I'm planning to hold onto mine before making a decision. But i feel your pain

I just bought the tote as well and I am concerned about the weight and how it will effect by back and neck. But I love how it looks. I also have a bronze Coco Cabas that fits alot is alot lighter. I'm planning to hold onto mine before making a decision. But i feel your pain

I didn't even put my book in it yet and it's pretty heavy. But I LOVE the bag:nuts: I still plan on carrying it tomorrow.:tup:

hmmm. . . I don't care about my bags being closed on top, so I didn't put my wallet and such in the center. Also, I hung it on a chair or left it standing upright. I guess that makes a difference?

hmmm. . . I don't care about my bags being closed on top, so I didn't put my wallet and such in the center. Also, I hung it on a chair or left it standing upright. I guess that makes a difference?

I usually don't mind a non-zipping opening but I kid you not, everthing went flying out it if when I laid it flat (cause I fear the sag).

first of all.. congrats!!!!
second of all.. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad i heard about how much the bag would fit from you before i decide to go get one... i have a speedy 30, so my things will prolly not fit neither.. lol... i was gonna get the bag for school.. lol.. guess not happening!! just gonna wait for the damier neverfull!!

anyways.. once again.. CONGRATS!!!!!

Although this is a huge structured bag, I too had an issue getting my things into the bag. I can fit everything in if I want to distort the shape of the bag to accommodate things like a sippy cup *LOL* I don't like to do that though, I like to keep the natural lines of the bag clean. I usually just rearrange things several times until what I need to carry fits.

Congrats to your new GST! I do own one too in silver h/w, it's a tote for sure not like those other LV bags that you have, u can stuff many things as u like...after all, u can see the bag it has been designed, it's more structured rather than functional.

If u like the design, yes this is a lovely bag!

Enjoy her with gd health~~