Official Britney thread

George Clooney Has To Move

January 22nd, 2008 at 8:58 am
99104_celeutopiageorge_clooney_-_13th_annual_critics_08010808_123_643lo.jpg

“I just found out, like, 10 days ago I must live within, like, 300 or 400 yards from Britney Spears. I found out because I came home at 10 o’clock at night and there was all these helicopters over my house with these lights.
“I think, ‘Someone’s broken out of prison…’ I get my baseball bat, which is what you always get in every film, and I called up my assistant, who I thought was in my guesthouse.
“I said, `Are you OK?’ She’s like, `Yes.’ I said, ‘If there’s someone in the place, say the word Stonehenge,’ and she’s like, ‘What the f**k are you talking about?’”
“So now I have to move.”
– George Clooney on the day Britney Spears was admitted to the hospital.

K-Fed Lawyer: Spears Deposition 'Gut-Wrenching'

TUESDAY JANUARY 22, 2008 01:05 PM EST
By Bryan Alexander

Britney Spears and Kevin Federline Photo by: INF; Martin Fried / UPI Photo / Landov

spears_federline320.jpg

Britney Spears's deposition at the hands of Kevin Federline lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan has been an emotionally difficult experience that has only just begun, Kaplan tells PEOPLE.

"We are going over things that are very, very gut-wrenching," Kaplan said Monday night, speaking outside of Katsuya restaurant in Brentwood. He declined to discuss specifics of the questioning, but said, "Just to revisit them even in your own mind would not be pleasurable."

"It's not something anyone would enjoy," he says.

Spear has a spotty record with past deposition dates in the custody case, missing numerous appointments and sitting for only 14 minutes on Jan. 3. Kaplan is expected to be grilling Spears, 26, about past drug and alcohol use, her failure to comply with court orders and any other subject relating to her fitness as a parent.

After a meltdown and brief forced hospitalization, Spears lost visitation rights with sons Preston, 2, and Jayden, 1. Ex-husband Federline, 29, has sole legal and physical custody.

Even Monday's session was in doubt.

"She was about 50 minutes late," he says. "After an hour I would have been over it. I was prepared to terminate had she not showed at that time."

Spears was spotted biting her fingernails when arriving to Kaplan's Century City Plaza office. After spending more than two hours there, Spears appeared tense and lit up a cigarette behind the wheel of her Mercedes before driving through Beverly Hills listening to Madonna on the stereo.

The deposition on a national holiday Monday was booked after the shortened deposition on Jan. 3. The holiday booking was done to accommodate busy lawyer schedules, says Kaplan, and it "did dovetail into allowing this to be a low-profile appearance."

Kaplan says there will further depositions in the unspecified future, claiming that he has only worked through "2 percent" of his questions.

"There is a lot of work to be done," he says. But he adds he was heartened by the idea of even having the meeting in the first place.

"She came for her deposition, that's great," says Kaplan. "Showing up is form over substance."

Brit Wants What Judge Has Already Ordered

Posted Jan 22nd 2008 12:28PM by TMZ Staff
TMZ has learned Commissioner Scott Gordon has repeatedly ordered Britney Spears to undergo a psychological evaluation but she has refused to comply.
0122_brit_ex_1_tmz.jpg

We're told the Commish has issued multiple orders -- known as a 730 evaluation. Now, as we just reported, Brit's family and professionals have devised a plan to get her mental health help in a "creative way." But given his previous orders, the Commish may not be receptive, and almost certainly K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, will object.

Evaluating bipolar disorder is a long process. If it's done pursuant to a 730 evaluation, the results are submitted to the court. If the Commish were to accept the alternative form of treatment, a doctor-patient privilege could prevent certain information from making its way to the court (unless the privilege is waived).

Here's the likely scenario based on what we're hearing: K-Fed (and probably the court) will not want Brit to bypass the 730 evaluation process. That could make it unlikely for Brit's lawyers to win a bid to regain visitation in a therapeutic setting.

We'll be live streaming video at the courthouse tomorrow morning. Stay tuned.

George Clooney Has To Move

January 22nd, 2008 at 8:58 am

99104_celeutopiageorge_clooney_-_13th_annual_critics_08010808_123_643lo.jpg
“I just found out, like, 10 days ago I must live within, like, 300 or 400 yards from Britney Spears. I found out because I came home at 10 o’clock at night and there was all these helicopters over my house with these lights.​

“I think, ‘Someone’s broken out of prison…’ I get my baseball bat, which is what you always get in every film, and I called up my assistant, who I thought was in my guesthouse.​

“I said, `Are you OK?’ She’s like, `Yes.’ I said, ‘If there’s someone in the place, say the word Stonehenge,’ and she’s like, ‘What the f**k are you talking about?’”​

“So now I have to move.”​
– George Clooney on the day Britney Spears was admitted to the hospital.

goodness!! her antics are even scaring other celebs.

It does make one wonder how many men she is sleeping with in one week. Every day she is grabbing a new guy and driving off to her house. I men does she have any respect for herself as a person and does not care if she catches something off all these guys????? Sad for her children.....

Methinks she's self-medicating, either with work or with men.

K-Fed Lawyer: Spears Deposition 'Gut-Wrenching'

TUESDAY JANUARY 22, 2008 01:05 PM EST
By Bryan Alexander

Britney Spears and Kevin Federline Photo by: INF; Martin Fried / UPI Photo / Landov

spears_federline320.jpg

Britney Spears's deposition at the hands of Kevin Federline lawyer Mark Vincent Kaplan has been an emotionally difficult experience that has only just begun, Kaplan tells PEOPLE.

"We are going over things that are very, very gut-wrenching," Kaplan said Monday night, speaking outside of Katsuya restaurant in Brentwood. He declined to discuss specifics of the questioning, but said, "Just to revisit them even in your own mind would not be pleasurable."

"It's not something anyone would enjoy," he says.

Spear has a spotty record with past deposition dates in the custody case, missing numerous appointments and sitting for only 14 minutes on Jan. 3. Kaplan is expected to be grilling Spears, 26, about past drug and alcohol use, her failure to comply with court orders and any other subject relating to her fitness as a parent.

After a meltdown and brief forced hospitalization, Spears lost visitation rights with sons Preston, 2, and Jayden, 1. Ex-husband Federline, 29, has sole legal and physical custody.

Even Monday's session was in doubt.

"She was about 50 minutes late," he says. "After an hour I would have been over it. I was prepared to terminate had she not showed at that time."

Spears was spotted biting her fingernails when arriving to Kaplan's Century City Plaza office. After spending more than two hours there, Spears appeared tense and lit up a cigarette behind the wheel of her Mercedes before driving through Beverly Hills listening to Madonna on the stereo.

The deposition on a national holiday Monday was booked after the shortened deposition on Jan. 3. The holiday booking was done to accommodate busy lawyer schedules, says Kaplan, and it "did dovetail into allowing this to be a low-profile appearance."

Kaplan says there will further depositions in the unspecified future, claiming that he has only worked through "2 percent" of his questions.

"There is a lot of work to be done," he says. But he adds he was heartened by the idea of even having the meeting in the first place.

"She came for her deposition, that's great," says Kaplan. "Showing up is form over substance."

*sigh* even her opposition is trying to help her out a little bit! If I was him, the meeting would have been over the moment she went over 15 minutes late.

http://www.theinsideronline.com/

BRITNEY SPEARS' paparazzo boyfriend ADNAN GHALIB breaks his silence to "The Insider." The 35-year-old British photog talks for the first time about their relationship and her troubles over the last month -- is she pregnant with his baby? Is he in love with her? The bombshell interview you'll only see on tonight's "Insider"!

^^
well he will become an instane millionare--books, interview,pictures...boy did he set her up good...
she must realize that outside her family..no one is her friend and she must go back and seek help from those that really really have her back...

I'm not surprised Adnan has an interview with ET. I'm sure he'll be telling his story to all of the major networks. It didn't take him very long, now did it? I'm glad Britney finally got rid of him...too bad it took her so long!