For the MOMS - do you carry a hand held bag?

img

Life is short. Buy the bag.
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Just curious if Moms out there carry a hand-held LV? I just bought the Speedy 30. I absolutely love the style and have agonized over Speedy for quite some time now. I have 4 children and wonder if I am being totally impractical. I have the BH which is my everyday bag.

What bags are the Moms (with children under teenage years) carrying??

I have two kids ages 5 and 2 1/2 and I have the same issue. I have a neverful now, which I love and use it for work and as a diaper/kid bag. I am dying for a Speedy 30 but I also wonder if I am crazy because if I am out with the kids that leaves me with only one free hand. I actually have a Berkeley on hold until tomorrow at my local LV store, I am hoping that can go over my shoulder but I am still obsessed with getting the Speedy!! Please let me know how it works for you.

I have 4 speedy bags and the denim neo cabby. I will carry nothing else but a hand held bag. My kids are 2 and 5. I carried handhelds when they were babies! Sometimes it's a little difficult, but I make it work!!

I've been lusting over hand held bags for a while, but still can't see myself handling 2 kids with a hand held bag. I bought a lockit horizontal and returned it in a few days. Now, I have a Neverfull :tup: which is my everyday bag, and am getting a Neo Cabby GM :heart: to wear cross body which leave my hands free to tote 2 kids around. Hmm.. come to think about it, most of my collections are all shoulder-held including my Epi Petit Noes. However, I still haven't give up on handheld bags. When I'm ready to go back to work, I think hand held bags will be fabulous (especially the speedy 30!)

I have a neverfull MM and my two kids ages 6 and 4 months, I use it as a diaper/kid bag. I have a Damier Speedy 30 too, there's no problem if I am out with my kids n DH. But i'm still prefer the shoulder bag.. :flowers:

Having kids definitely makes carrying a hand held bag a bit more challenging. I have 2 kids and I have both kind of bags. I also have a soho backpack that I used with the kids when they were really small and still use.
But I think you should go for it if the speedy is calling you. Eventually your kids will get older and your speedie will last for a very long time.

I also love the cabby Gm because of the shoulder strap.

I have a 4 yr old and used my Speedy 30 which was a little tricky to get used to only bcuz I had always been a shoulder bag or cross body bag girl, but I do love the speedy sooo much but now I have been using my Tivoli GM so it is nice to have the option of hand or shoulder plus I just love the pleats on the Tivoli:tender:

I bought a lockit horizontal and returned it in a few days.

May I ask why you returned the Lockit? It can be carried on the shoulder. I am asking because I am in love with this bag and am considering buying it very soon but am interested in your feedback.

I have three kids 8, 6, and 4. I have recently gotten hooked on LV and I am liking those that I carry as hand bags, but can be shoulder if it needs to. I have three hand/shoulder....The Griet, the Brentwood, and the Berkeley. The hand only thing is the reason that I haven't gotten a Speedy. The Berkeley is my fav right now....it is a lot like a Speedy but can go shoulder when I need hands free. :tup:

May I ask why you returned the Lockit? It can be carried on the shoulder. I am asking because I am in love with this bag and am considering buying it very soon but am interested in your feedback.

it was a Lockit Vertical, it fits on my shoulder but not very confortable. It is also too deep, so it is hard for me to look and grab things easily when I need to. Love the shape though. My next bag is probably Trevi PM that can be hand held and shoulder. ;)

i am just not that coordinated. to the point that wheni have another baby i am getting the palermo gm so that i can be completely hands free!

however, i do have a speedy for the times that i am on my own and need a lovely, smaller bag. :smile:

I have two little boys and I have managed just fine with my speedy! You find "tricks" on how to carry and manage it! I find that the shoulder bag I used to carry came slamming down whenever I bent over. I just returned the BV cuz it hurt my shoulder, I think I completely a handbag girl now and NEVER was before.

its gotta be right for you in the end.
and if you really are pining away for a speedy that bad,
get a strap to keep in the bag so that when things go crazy with your kids you can just switch to throwing it over your shoulder.