MJ Sightings in the Movies, TV, etc.

Cheryl24

May 6, 2006
Based on the suggestion of purly (Thanks purly!) in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/which-mj-bag-is-this-235795.html#post4978702

and also the bumping of this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/loreleis-mj-multi-pocket-on-gilmore-girls-97173.html

I decided we DO need an official sightings thread of MJ bags in the movies, TV shows, commercials, etc. So post away your eagle-eye sightings!!

Here's a good start to this thread. Hilary Swank on the set of P.S. I Love You w/ Striping Zip Bowler

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• hilary1.JPG
    hilary1.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 3,334
  • hilary2.JPG
    hilary2.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 3,224
  • hilary3.JPG
    hilary3.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 3,212
I don't have pics - But I know of a few:

FRIENDS - Season 8, Episodes 192 & 193 "The One with the Cooking Class" and "The One Where Rachel is Late" - Jennifer Aniston (Rachel) carries the Black Courtney Bag; Season 10, Episode 228 "The One With the Birth Mother" - Courtney Cox Arquette (Monica) carries the same black Courtney bag

SIX FEET UNDER - Season 5, Episodes 60 ("Ecotone"), 61 ("All Alone") & 63 ("Everyone's Waiting") - Rachel Griffiths (Brenda) carries a Large Red Zoe Bag from 2002

i'm afraid i can't find any pictures either, but at the end of the departed in the funeral scene, the only female character was carrying an anouck.

of course, we can't forget the devil wears prada where andy gives her friend a "$2000" denim large multipocket.

i am still waiting for a mj sighting on gossip girl and with this writer's strike, it'll take longer than anticipated.

I just watched the movie "Beauty Shop" and I'm pretty sure Queen Latifah was carrying a MJ bag toward the end. It looked a lot like this bag, but with two of those front buckle loops. It was the same color though. Cute bag!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5619_1.jpg
    5619_1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,757
Not bags, but MJ clothing:

Sex & the City, Season 1, Episode 10 "The Baby Shower"
Carrie pops in a vibrant fuchsia form-fitter by Marc Jacobs
(from the HBO Website)

ep10_carrie_mir_garden.jpg

Ooh, great thread! This should be a sticky.

I must say, I adored all of Hillary Swank's wardrobe in P.S. I Love You. I also loved what she said about getting MJ on ebay from Minneapolis, lol! My boyfriend just looked at me and laughed. I said, "See! It's not just me."

Luvpurses, thanks for finding and posting more pics of Hilary Swank's bag in P.S. I love you and for starting this thread. Wordbox, I totally agree with you that her wardrobe was totally fab in that movie. Very classy and cool. I swear I was literally drooling and my heart skipped a beat when I saw her with that MJ bag. I turned to my friend and was like "wow what a great bag." She looked at me like I was a total nut but then again, she's def not a purse fanatic like I am. It was that moment that sparked my frenzied search for the elusive zip bowler, that and when I saw a fellow PF'ers pic.