Stupid UPS! I am so upset.

lv_forever

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
I bought something online, and both the seller and I agreed not to go through with the transaction. He simply told me to refuse the package to eliminate the hassle and shipping charge on my part.
So, the estimated delivery day was today, and the UPS around here usually comes late, like almost at 5pm or so, so I had my eyes peeled for the UPS truck.

Then I find out just now that it's on my front porch! There was no ring or knock or anything, it was simply left there. My mom was here the whole time, and she did not hear anything.

I am so peeved. Now I have to pay for the shipping to send it back to the seller! SO FRUSTRATING!

I know a lot of people like the convenience of "silent drop-offs" but I would have at least expected a knock or a ring!

So my question is, next time I need to "refuse" a package, what do I do? Can I call ahead and tell them not to deliver or what?

Unless you've opened the box, write "return to sender" on the top, circle their address and drop it off at your local UPS store. There's no problem refusing the shipment.

Just called UPS (they're closed on weekends), and they said yes I can still refuse it. For future reference, I asked about how to deal with this next time, and they said to call ON THE DATE OF estimated delivery to refuse it beforehand. In that case, they won't deliver it and just say it is has been refused and send it back to the sender.