Does Coach Let You Change A Bag If It Has A Mark On It?

LissiSays

May 3, 2007
Hey all!

So I got a Signature Stripe Tote in Black with the Silver/Gunmetal stripe. I finally took it out of the box and decided to introduce it to the world today.

But I noticed some sort of mark on the stripe. I can't tell what it is. It isn't dirt. It isn't a rip. It's not snagged thread. But you can see the line when the light shines on it.

It's bothering me like crazy. Especially since it's on the front of the bag and right on the shiny stripe...

I never saw the bag at the store because they gave it to me already gift wrapped.

1. Do you think it would be stupid of me to take it to the store and have them change it for a new one?
2. Would they even change it for me?

No, I don't think it would be stupid to have them exchange your bag for a better one. For the amount of money you paid for it, your purse should be perfect. With the receipt and tags I don't see why they wouldn't let you exchange it.

Make sure to check your bags before leaving the store!!!

I know! I learned a lesson. I told them I wanted to take the bag so they put the one back on the shelf and got one from the back. They asked me if I wanted it gift wrapped and I said "Sure why not." I love the way they tie the bows. Since it was wrapped I never got to see the bag. My mistake.

they shouldn't give you any problem about exchanging it.
like someone else said, for the amount of money you pay, it should be perfect.

That's why you shouldn't ask for your bags to be gift-wrapped unless they really are a gift.

You end up waiting longer for them to wrap it and "liking how they tie the bows" ends up being insignificant if you're just going to open it up once you get home and notice that the bag is not perfect. Lesson learned, right? ;) They shouldn't have a problem exchanging it though.

I don't feel I have to "check" a brand new bag. It's new and it should look new. Go exchange it. It's their fault. Don't let anyone else make you feel like it is your fault. Sorry that you have to take time to exchange it, but make no mistake- it isn't your mistake!!!!!!

That's why you shouldn't ask for your bags to be gift-wrapped unless they really are a gift.

You end up waiting longer for them to wrap it and "liking how they tie the bows" ends up being insignificant if you're just going to open it up once you get home and notice that the bag is not perfect. Lesson learned, right? ;) They shouldn't have a problem exchanging it though.

Personally I store my bags in the Gift Boxes... so I always ask for mine to be gift wrapped, but only after I ask to examine it....;)

I'll be going to the store tonight to exchange the bag. Hopefully I don't have any issues and won't get any weird faces. It might be a small mark to everyone else (about an inch) but to me it sticks out like a soar thumb!

Definitely exchange it, and dont worry about any weird looks you may get by anyone. You deserve to get what you paid for - a brand new perfect bag. Most SAs understand this. If you happen to get one that looks at you strangely, thats her problem. You'll wind up w/a bag acceptable to you and thats really all that matters!

same thing happened to me with my mini skinny had a little scratch on it... sa's didn't even notice it until i pointed it out.. they probably won't notice what's wrong with your bag either... go ahead and exchange.