Temporarily attaching keys to a mini skinny

KKKKate

Nov 16, 2006
When I take my little buddy (dog) for two of his favorite activities - a ride in car - for a walk in the park. I like to slip the DL a cc the auto club card and a little cash in to a skinny and I like to temporarily attach my keys to the skinny (since being on TPF I now have a little skinny collection and I don't use the same one every time) :yes:

I got the idea to use the Amanda key ring - it has a vallet clip - but it's a bit heavy - and it contrasts with the brass skinnies! Seing the Comic Key chain gave me an idea - what about those little dog leash clips! They might be lighter. I wonder if you can get those?

Do you ladies switch your keys around between skinnies - do you do anything to make it easy?

I use my skinny for my work keys and my access card so I never switch it around. DH just ordered me a new skinny to match my new bag so I dont know.... I am debating using it for my keys or just as a case for cash. Its so big to use as an every day key chain.

I agree about it being too big for every day - I use just a plain ring - the "car beepy thingie" (technical term) is big enough. Maybe I should just give up on the thought of attaching the keys to the skinny and just use them to hold the cards and cash - for slipping in my pocket.

I just got my first mini skinny for my birthday, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to use it for lol! I'm thinking the frequent shopper cards is a good idea... and maybe my store keys. Hmmmmm:confused1:

Carabiners would work too...

you can usually get them for pretty cheap at target/walmart...and in varying sizes. I sometimes use attach these to skinnies so i can then attach it to my belt loop and then tuck the skinny in my pocket (works well at concerts)

snagged this picture from ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Straight-Gate...ryZ87132QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

L3.JPG

I use these to attach my mini skinny to my belt or belt loop as well. It works great!

Carabiners would work too...

you can usually get them for pretty cheap at target/walmart...and in varying sizes. I sometimes use attach these to skinnies so i can then attach it to my belt loop and then tuck the skinny in my pocket (works well at concerts)

snagged this picture from ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Straight-Gate-D-Shaped-Key-Ring-Carabiner-7cm-Hiking_W0QQitemZ350001113776QQihZ022QQcategoryZ87132QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

L3.JPG